09-25-12, 01:29 PM   #1
Mwelling1
A Murloc Raider
Missing Quest Button

Hello, is anyone else having issues completing the various Panderian vehicle quests? I cannot see the button necessary to click on these quests and have to turn off nui in order to see and click the button. Is there another way to interact with the button that I have not figured out yet? And is this something being looked into?

Cheers!
Berly

09-25-12, 02:05 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Which quests in particular ? I've just got home from work so haven't had the opportunity to try out the new quests yet.

Hopefully its the new extra action bar that so far has only been in instances which makes implementing it hard. If not then it should be one of the bars already set up to work and as far as I have seen so far still working in 5.07.26. Can you confirm you are using that version ?

A screen shot with nUI and without nUI will also help. And if you're confident enough type /fstack and hover the mouse over the non nUI frame you are seeing and then take a screen shot and it should give us a hint as to which frame it is supposed to be displaying.

09-25-12, 02:42 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah I see what you mean. 3rd quest in or so for Alliance at least.

Okay, figured out the problem. Must be the way their new bar system works. Bartender has the same problem. However if you keep in the vehicle you will find that periodically through the quest it will come and go depending on whether you have an action to do at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092512_214106.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	7209  

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-25-12 at 03:22 PM.

09-25-12, 04:59 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I *think* you just have to modify the RegisterStateEngine( nUI_ActionBar, "visiblity", ... ) command to add "[extrabar] 13;" to the list between the 12 and 14 bars Xrystal.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-25-12, 05:29 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
nah, tried that before and it caused wipes for everyone in raids when they couldn't use both the main bar and the extra bar at the same time. I think you have to design it as a special bar of its own that spawns when its needed. unfortunately being a instance only bar it makes for testing difficulty.

But yeah once I could see that the bar is changed to the vehicle bar using the override system that was introduced in the expansion, the screen shot, and the individual bar appears as required each time it is needed as the screenshot attached shows when it first tells you to start attacking.

The PH box area just above the action bar to the right I believe is my current attempt at an extraactionbar setup but as you can see it seems to appear unexpectedly. Such as when you change stances or jump in a vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092512_221613.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	7210  

09-25-12, 08:20 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I would think that they don't need the possess bar and the main bar at the same time... perhaps override the possess bar with the extra bar?

Meh... that would be complicated, too.

Do they use both the pet bar and the extrabar at the same time? It strikes me that the vehicle/pet are interchangable... you never need both. So maybe create a bar where the pet bar is for the extrabar and hide the pet bar when the extrabar is active?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 09-25-12 at 08:23 PM.

09-26-12, 02:37 AM   #7
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Ah I see what you mean. 3rd quest in or so for Alliance at least.

Okay, figured out the problem. Must be the way their new bar system works. Bartender has the same problem. However if you keep in the vehicle you will find that periodically through the quest it will come and go depending on whether you have an action to do at the time.
The first q you get a vehicle (the one you're referring to) seemed bugged for many players, the action bars didn't pop up untill you get "control" so to say, after you've been flown till the start point of the q. It never disappeared for me after that (Well, till after the q was done :-p)

A quest you get later in the "fish people village", one that's tells a story of 4 npc's in a similar fashion as the q "the day deathwing came" (or something) worked without any problems. The vehicle in that case is the person telling the story and you reenact him/her.

There's another quest that occurs a lot later, after you done some killing in a mine you need to hop in a cart and get driven by a pandaren and you need to hold of attackes, but with that one I never did get an action bar..

Last edited by Seer : 09-26-12 at 02:42 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Missing Quest Button