01-10-10, 01:10 AM   #1
Another_Guru
A Murloc Raider
Question A way to make the quest text on the left side of the quest log show up?

When i get some long quest names and have Carbonite Quest set up to show the lvl + the part of the chain it is, if it has a long quest name it does the ... thing and it doesnt say the the rest of the quest name is or the parts. Iv tryed dragging the left side of the Carbonite Quest Log to see if it was just cus i made it into to small a box but that didnt fix it and it still showed the ... when it was a long name.
This is a link of what i am trying to get to show up.
http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...1.jpg&newest=1

01-10-10, 04:15 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately, this appears to be normal behavior for Carbonite's quest log. I've had the same problem with it, and have gone through the options several times but, so far, have not found a way to fix it. I've tried making the log wider, taller, I've made it as large as the screen will allow. It still does the same thing. Irritating, but, I can live with it.

01-10-10, 10:42 PM   #3
Another_Guru
A Murloc Raider
Smile

k, can live with it just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me or a serious bug hehe. well hope they put in a divider wall in there thats drag able or make it so the quest text goes down a line when it hits the divider so we can get it all to show with out haveing to make the text realy small

01-11-10, 12:41 PM   #4
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
Click on the thin bar below the blue search part exactly above the ellipsis and it will widen the display area for the text. I wish the divider would be implemented to be better visible. It's there in the header area; you just cannot see it.

Last edited by TekNoir : 01-12-10 at 09:32 AM.

01-12-10, 06:40 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TekNoir View Post
Click on the thin bar below the blue search part exactly above the ellipsis and it will widen the display area for the text. I wish the divider would be implemented to be better visible. It's there in the header area; you just cannot see it.
Yeah, this works! Thank you TekNoir. It is hard to see, but, basically, if you look close enough there is a (on mine) blue bar (on default installs, I think the color is a gray) that goes across the whole top of the quest log. Underneath (and, apparently, connected to) that bar is another, shorter, bar (that appears to only be on the quest list side). That is the one you need to click on. Left click = extend the line, right click = shorten the line. BUT, you can only extend the line so far. It won't, at least for me, wrap the text to another line.

You know, I actually had to use the dictionary to find out what "ellipsis" meant. I thought it had something to do with a curve of some sort. DOH! Apparently, when you see those "dots" where something printed goes longer than the space provided for it, "...", that's an ellipsis. Hmmmmm. Learn something new every day, yeah?

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-12-10 at 06:50 PM.

01-14-10, 04:16 AM   #6
Another_Guru
A Murloc Raider
Smile

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Yeah, this works! Thank you TekNoir. It is hard to see, but, basically, if you look close enough there is a (on mine) blue bar (on default installs, I think the color is a gray) that goes across the whole top of the quest log. Underneath (and, apparently, connected to) that bar is another, shorter, bar (that appears to only be on the quest list side). That is the one you need to click on. Left click = extend the line, right click = shorten the line. BUT, you can only extend the line so far. It won't, at least for me, wrap the text to another line.

You know, I actually had to use the dictionary to find out what "ellipsis" meant. I thought it had something to do with a curve of some sort. DOH! Apparently, when you see those "dots" where something printed goes longer than the space provided for it, "...", that's an ellipsis. Hmmmmm. Learn something new every day, yeah?
Dont feel to bad, i didnt know that either...Thought it was an ellipitcal circle(egg type shape). Anyways thanks for the info TekNoir!

Edit: Think i came up with a way for it to work... Uncheck the option for the quest log to show the quest info beside the quest text so it shows up below and u can push it out far enough that i dont think you will have any issues with long quest names, tho i still kinda like having it side by side instead of having the quests above and the quest info(when u click a quest) show up on the bottom. Oh well guess one cant be to picky for such an awesome free add on

Last edited by Another_Guru : 01-14-10 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Found a semi solution

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » A way to make the quest text on the left side of the quest log show up?