10-25-06, 10:54 AM   #1
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trinity Buttons

I have uploaded my personal button addon for the BC beta addon author community to see what I did in using the new secure templates. I defer expertise in lua to others, but I think I have a solid foundation for using state-driven buttons.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5528

The bottom 12 buttons will change based on stance, will carry the key bindings you set in the default interface, and as a bonus druids get a unique 12-button bar for either moonkin or tree of life forms.

As I refine my code and functionality I will update this addon until one of the uber button authors gets their BC beta public.

10-27-06, 02:07 AM   #2
Zoneseek
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Maul
I have uploaded my personal button addon for the BC beta addon author community to see what I did in using the new secure templates. I defer expertise in lua to others, but I think I have a solid foundation for using state-driven buttons.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5528

The bottom 12 buttons will change based on stance, will carry the key bindings you set in the default interface, and as a bonus druids get a unique 12-button bar for either moonkin or tree of life forms.

As I refine my code and functionality I will update this addon until one of the uber button authors gets their BC beta public.
First off, THANKS for finally cracking the switch stances in combat "bug" that has so many other barmod authors stomped! I've just installed your mod and finally I can switch stances in combat with my bottombar switching as well.

I have a few remaining questions tho, while I can work fine around it's current placement on the screen, being able to move it around would be a welcome feature. Are there or will there be any kind of configuration commands? Even just textcommands would work, but I can't even find the / command for the bars (/tb, /trinity, /trinitybars etc?)

Also, I can't seem to bind the middle and topbar to any keys, at least not through the regular Keybinding options in WoW. My pre-made keybindings on the Topleft Actionbar from before I used this barmod still work, I obviously can't see them and I'd love to rebind them to the top and middle bars of Trinity. Can you implement a way so that I can bind keys to the middle and top bar-buttons of Trinity?

Basically the two above suggestions are all this really needs to become a popular and working barmod for Druids, Rogues and Warriors currently in the TBC beta. If your intent is solely and simply to dump this as a raw solution for other barmod makers though, I'll start approaching them instead

10-27-06, 04:59 PM   #3
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Zoneseek
First off, THANKS for finally cracking the switch stances in combat "bug" that has so many other barmod authors stomped! I've just installed your mod and finally I can switch stances in combat with my bottombar switching as well.

I have a few remaining questions tho, while I can work fine around it's current placement on the screen, being able to move it around would be a welcome feature. Are there or will there be any kind of configuration commands? Even just textcommands would work, but I can't even find the / command for the bars (/tb, /trinity, /trinitybars etc?)

Also, I can't seem to bind the middle and topbar to any keys, at least not through the regular Keybinding options in WoW. My pre-made keybindings on the Topleft Actionbar from before I used this barmod still work, I obviously can't see them and I'd love to rebind them to the top and middle bars of Trinity. Can you implement a way so that I can bind keys to the middle and top bar-buttons of Trinity?

Basically the two above suggestions are all this really needs to become a popular and working barmod for Druids, Rogues and Warriors currently in the TBC beta. If your intent is solely and simply to dump this as a raw solution for other barmod makers though, I'll start approaching them instead
I will try to add bindings for all buttons for the next update, and being able to move the bars is something I might add as well for the update.

Keep in mind I uploaded it for other authors to take a look at how I created buttons that switch with stances. I do not pretend I have my mind fully wrapped around the new API, but using examples Iriel posted on the WoW forums I did have some success, and I just wanted to share that success.

The new API has a new concept behind it and I am sure the big button addon authors are trying to make full use of the new concept, which I am sure is taking some time to code properly. My addon is really just trying to creatre buttons that simulate standard UI buttons, but the new API has much more power than that simple use, and intends to make heavy use of dynamic key-bindings.

12-09-06, 04:29 PM   #4
benglow
A Kobold Labourer
Hide Un-used Buttons

I have a few questions about the trinity buttons

I'm not sure if I was using trinity buttons before the 2.0 patch was released.
But it looks simuler. except for the Transparent background around the buttons and added buttone on the background.

Well I had insomniax installed before and I had all these bars
and had a Command bar that you used to add a movable bars, Hide un-used buttons on the bars, Lock the buttons so they cant be deleted or moved by accedent,
and experiance bar,

I was wondering if this is the same addon? If so is there a command menu so I can change the bars. like hide the un-used buttons and background's

When I have these bars open around the screen its realy hard to see anything else

If this isnt the addon can some one tell me what the addon I was talking about is called
I do like trinity but if I cant hide the background and un-used buttons I dont want to use it.

I like my screen as clean as possible

12-11-06, 01:14 AM   #5
CCMCornell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just started using Trinity Buttons as a replacement for a combination of Cosmos Anchors and Visibility Options and CTMod's Breakable Bottom bar, the latter still not updated for WoW 2.0.

So far, the mod is outstanding. It provides the functionality and ease of use I'm looking for.

The only problem I'm having is with cooldown counts. I have been using Cooldown Counter, included with Cosmos, to display digital cooldowns on buttons for abilities and consumables. It does not appear to work with Trinity Buttons. Instead, I see the default cooldown overlay on each button. Is there another cooldown count option for Trinity Buttons?

12-12-06, 04:08 PM   #6
Trygon
A Defias Bandit
hi all,
Got a little question about the trinity bar.
I keep getting a error when someone cast a spell on me.

Interface\addons\trinitybuttons\trinitybutto
ns.lua:3454:attempt to index field
'castinginfo'(a nll value)

if someone got a answer for me PLEASE thanks

12-14-06, 08:52 AM   #7
Kaldore
A Kobold Labourer
Lag when spamming buttons

This is a fantastic addon! Extremely simple for someone like me to use. The customization of the bars and the way they react appropriately to switching stances (or forms) is a huge relief.

Here's my issue: There are times as a warrior where I have to spam my abilities. Taunt as I get within melee range of a loose mob beating on a clothie, building up Sunders, and even Execute on those times when I actually get to DPS!

When I spam any ability on my hot bar my game lags significantly... I've gotten to the point where I've had to time my keystrokes with global cooldown and purposefully press buttons one at a time to activate abilities instead of spamming them.

The steps that I went through before I determined that it might be an issue with Trinity:
- Disabled every other AddOn at the Character Selection screen
- Lowered all Video settings to the lowest possible values
- Disabled all Sound (We were in Naxx at the time and someone advised me that this worked for them with a different AddOn causing choppy gameplay)
- Closed every other program that I use when I raid; Ventrilo, and Firefox

I'm really interested in sticking with Trinity because of it's ease of use, but the choppiness is affecting my ability to tank and I'm getting blasted by my raid leader.

Thanks Maul for a great Addon and I look forward to any suggestions or steps to help that you can offer.

12-17-06, 09:35 AM   #8
feaster
A Murloc Raider
I installed 20000.20.3 yesterday and my layout mode stopped working. All my bars had buttons in all default locations - I did not change them at all, only placed spells and abilities on the bars in available buttons.

Now when I enter layout mode the button spaces I did not use before are not available at all. I cannot drop spells or abilities on the spaces that are not used. WHen I unlock buttons I also cannot drag and drop onto spaces I did not use previously.

ANother change I made at the same time was to update CTMOD. I removed the CTBAR mod from the addons folder but that has not helped.

I reported on the bug page, and I think another person has reported the same bug.

12-17-06, 01:09 PM   #9
feaster
A Murloc Raider
Followup.... Interesting thing. One of my toons had a totally messed up UI today (it was fine last night.) So I found the saved variables file for that toon and renamed it. Got the "fresh start" screen with all buttons OK. Was able to lay out the UI all over again... but I really hope not to do that for each toon.. but will take a screen cap just in case!

By the way, other than these beta problems I really like this UI addon. I can group buttons for things like tracking and aspects with my hunter, and healing with my priest, and locate them out of the way if little used and right where they are needed (like next to the party portraits for healing).

Thanks for putting in the effort on it!

My wish list for the future of this addon:
1) Load another toon's layout so you can then arrange buttons in that template (a new hunter, load layout for another hunter I already have)
2) Choose original XP and Rep bar, or even better
3) A movable and sizeable XP and Rep bar
4) A few starter templates to give you some more ideas about where to start.. it's an intimidating thing to do to lay it all out for some people (I enjoyed it, but some I showed it to said .. whoa, that's a lot of work!)

Last edited by feaster : 12-17-06 at 01:16 PM.

12-20-06, 07:58 AM   #10
Niimaur
A Defias Bandit
Trinity-n00b problem with Paged Bars

Hi Maul, I am new to Trinity Bars but love it already, as do many of us in Babylon Alliance on Dragonblight.

This is probably not a bug ... just me being a n00b ... but I could see nothing in the other forums about it and it seems a bit peculiar.

Pre-Trinity, I had action bars 1, 2, 3 & 4 locked to my left hotbar so that I could switch between them using SHIFT-1/2/3/4 resp'ly and retain the same key bindings. I only really use 3 of them: Bar 1/2 for Combat keys and Bar 4 for Professions keys, smelting, BSing, etc..

When I started with Trinity, I found this quite confusing, but soon realised that Bar 1 - the Paged Bar - had 6 sets of buttons and could be switched using SHIFT-n to show Bar Paged-n (1 <= n <= 6). This worked well in config mode and I "stole" buttons from unused Bars 10, 9 & 8 as recommended, to populate Paged-2/3/4. I followed the procedures for Binding keys (the top line numerics and - =) to the 12 buttons and once again, everything worked well, with the key-bindings "falling through", while I was in Config mode.

My problems started when I switched Config mode off and set about using the bars in anger. Now the SHIFT-n process does not correctly switch to the Paged-n Buttons SHIFT1/3/5 showed a blank set of buttons; SHIFT-2/4/6 show Paged-4 buttons.

I have many other add-ons but I suspect they are not relevant.

Any guidance for this Trinity n00b would be appreciated.

Nim

<edit> I have been running the Beta version and key-binding is a known issue </edit>

The Stoopid Dorf strikes again ... I am now running 20000.19.5a and it is doing just what I want

Last edited by Niimaur : 12-20-06 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I'm a Stoopid Dorf ...

12-23-06, 09:24 PM   #11
Lightbright
A Defias Bandit
With the latest incarnation of this mod, I seem to have lost the ability to use bars 2-7, as well as the action slots that are associated with those bars. The main reason, I think, is because now the bags, mini-menu, xp bar, pet bar, etc take up those bars. The new feature to create a bar works, but those lost action slots aren't returned. As a result, I'm limited to 48 action slots, but I desperately need more. Any idea how I can fix this?

12-25-06, 04:29 PM   #12
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

posted this on the bugs forum but no one seems to be responding.

1.) verything works fine in config mode but when you exit it; the following happens

2.) If you created more than 2 pages for a single bar, the bar gets stuck between the final two pages. If you created 3, it only shows 2 and 3; if you created 5 it only shows 4 and 5.

I find this very frustrating because I prefer to use paging to minimize the number of buttons that I need displayed at any given time. Though thank you for all your hard work and I really do enjoy the addon, just wish the paging worked.

[edit] NVM, I found my own answer. If anyone else is having this problem I think it was due to having insomniax and mirage trinitybar.lua files in your savedvariables folder.[/edit]

Last edited by techsgtchen : 12-25-06 at 11:16 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Trinity Buttons