08-22-08, 03:17 AM   #1
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Build 8820..

I noticed some sort of bug with the latest build, it seems that Ace2 addons will show incorrect titles in their Tablet tooltips or Dewdrop menus, essentially, they will use the title of another addon. I haven't been able (so far) to track this down to any specific addon, so I'm inclined to believe it's some sort of glitch in a library. Anyone else experiencing this that can shed some light in the situation ?
08-22-08, 07:07 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
I noticed some sort of bug with the latest build, it seems that Ace2 addons will show incorrect titles in their Tablet tooltips or Dewdrop menus, essentially, they will use the title of another addon. I haven't been able (so far) to track this down to any specific addon, so I'm inclined to believe it's some sort of glitch in a library. Anyone else experiencing this that can shed some light in the situation ?
I will look at this when I'm done installing new build but I remember the last 2 or 3 times I have noticed similiar bugs that was because you need to embed the Libraries in the specific addon folder popping errors, if that's not fixing the error it could also be an update to commit on the Libraries directly because then any addons attached to it will spawn errors. Doesn't look big bug, think so to update your addons + libraries with the help of this page if you don't know where to grab their latest version, click here.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
08-22-08, 07:12 AM   #3
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
You don't understand, no errors are popping, just tablet and dewdrop seem not to be getting the correct addon metadata for their titles and "about" frames. I tried deleting/reinstalling addons/wiping WTF/etc and finally enabling one addon at a time to narrow this down to something. Unless I'm doing something completely wrong, Blizzard possibly changed something that is causing this behavior.
08-23-08, 12:03 PM   #4
Mera

Premium Member
Got it today, yes I think it's due to Blizzard changes, it seems coming from Deformat or TabletLib so a lot of FuBar addons are showing buggy yet on my end but no new errors popped up.

Last edited by Mera : 08-23-08 at 12:17 PM.
08-23-08, 01:33 PM   #5
Mera

Premium Member
Told to the guildy yet in Tainted and Secure and they are experiencing same probs
08-23-08, 02:01 PM   #6
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
It's very possibly related to the AceAddon-2.0 (and maybe any deps) and the way it handles stuff, unfortunately my tests were not conclusive but seems for some reason, it each time fetches data from the "next" addon rather than the current one. Don't really know what else to say.
08-23-08, 05:15 PM   #7
Mera

Premium Member
comitted a small fixe on the branche i think it should fixe this problem http://fish.wowace.com/browse/WowAce/branches/Ace2/, was a previous fixe added that is useless and buggy now.

Last edited by Mera : 08-23-08 at 05:20 PM.
08-23-08, 07:32 PM   #8
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mera_LaCroisadeEcarlate View Post
comitted a small fixe on the branche i think it should fixe this problem http://fish.wowace.com/browse/WowAce/branches/Ace2/, was a previous fixe added that is useless and buggy now.
It does fix it ! Good God I thought I was seeing things
08-24-08, 11:13 PM   #9
Vanaya
A Defias Bandit
Fubar issue fix?

Could you describe, praytell, how to go about getting this fix if you are not versed in the ways of svn? Is there some .zip of the WotLK fixed version of AceLibrary (or Fubar) available for download somewhere? Thanks!
08-24-08, 11:15 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/branches/Ace2/WotLK
08-25-08, 03:38 PM   #11
Vanaya
A Defias Bandit
OK I have installed TortoiseSVN, checked out the branch, and have a nice current Ace2 downloaded. If I put this in my Addons directory, will things that require those libraries look at it first instead of the embedded libraries in each addon? Or am I going to have to go through and copy the appropriate libraries to each lib folder in each addon?
08-25-08, 05:17 PM   #12
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vanaya View Post
OK I have installed TortoiseSVN, checked out the branch, and have a nice current Ace2 downloaded. If I put this in my Addons directory, will things that require those libraries look at it first instead of the embedded libraries in each addon? Or am I going to have to go through and copy the appropriate libraries to each lib folder in each addon?
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, it will, assuming that the revision of the libraries that you have checked out is newer than the embedded ones (it should be).
08-25-08, 10:40 PM   #13
Vanaya
A Defias Bandit
Thank you very much, worked like a charm. Now the addons that work are showing the proper names Now just to figure out how to get ammofu, bagfu, and durabilityfu working...
09-29-08, 04:11 AM   #14
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
This ace1-2-3-4-5-6 crap start to freak me out to be honest. There is fubar 3.0 there is ptr 3.0.2 and there are separate SVN files and WotLK ace2 files... and I have to build my fubar 3.0 folder with the required ace2 lib files right?

This is way to crazy now. If some library gets fixed/updated... I have to check them separately, update manually? It's like linux. :S

Please tell me im a noob and somehow the wowaceupdater able to handle the beta (wotlk) libs separately and I dont have to even figure out what libs I need and then check them separately and copy them to the addon folder(s).
09-29-08, 06:35 AM   #15
dafire
Premium Member
as far as i remember fubar3 don't use ace at all
09-29-08, 08:09 AM   #16
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by H0PE View Post
This ace1-2-3-4-5-6 crap start to freak me out to be honest. There is fubar 3.0 there is ptr 3.0.2 and there are separate SVN files and WotLK ace2 files... and I have to build my fubar 3.0 folder with the required ace2 lib files right?

This is way to crazy now. If some library gets fixed/updated... I have to check them separately, update manually? It's like linux. :S

Please tell me im a noob and somehow the wowaceupdater able to handle the beta (wotlk) libs separately and I dont have to even figure out what libs I need and then check them separately and copy them to the addon folder(s).
Fubar 3.0 (or simply Fubar) uses Rock so you shouldn't have any issues with the bar itself. There is an old, unsupported version of Fubar (referred to as Fubar 2.0) that still uses the Ace2 libs but you shouldn't really be concerned with that.

As for the Ace frameworks there isn't really any confusion. A good portion of addons still uses Ace2 but more and more are being converted (or rewritten) to support Ace3. So as long as you keep a copy of Ace3 and the wotlk branch of Ace2 (that contains necessary fixes), you should be good for WoW 3.0. If you are using embedded libs/externals, then it is either up to the addon author to package the proper libraries with his addon or the updater you are using to be able to grab the correct version.
09-29-08, 09:32 AM   #17
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok then fubar 3.0 just buggy and doesn't work on ptr yet. Got it.

As for embedded libs... If I follow the logic: I could delete all libs from addons and then just download the "full" ace2 and ace3 with wowaceupdater?
09-29-08, 10:25 AM   #18
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by H0PE View Post
Ok then fubar 3.0 just buggy and doesn't work on ptr yet. Got it.

As for embedded libs... If I follow the logic: I could delete all libs from addons and then just download the "full" ace2 and ace3 with wowaceupdater?
You would most likely be deleting more libraries then than just the standard Ace2/Ace3 libs. You could run WAU with standalone libs but I would recommend against it, since to the best of my knowledge, with the WoWAce being moved, it won't be receiving any new content anymore.
09-29-08, 11:13 AM   #19
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
You would most likely be deleting more libraries then than just the standard Ace2/Ace3 libs. You could run WAU with standalone libs but I would recommend against it, since to the best of my knowledge, with the WoWAce being moved, it won't be receiving any new content anymore.
Ok... Better if I wait with that until they came out with the patch. Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Build 8820..