06-10-05, 12:06 PM   #61
Osagasu_Jiyuu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Kaelten
Queueing? Now that sounds useful. Which if I implement things like that other possibilites rear their ugly heads, like how about automatic creation of subcomponents? Automatically converting essence from one type to another?

Hehe, lots of possibilities are storing to show up in the depths of my head.... scary .

Keep the feedback coming guys.

Cluey? Could you confirm wether essence conversion seems to be working or not?

Thats for all the help guys!

Also thanks for getting me in the top 10 favorites!

Thanks again.
That would be uber cool, but would probably be impossible in many circumstances, becasue I believe you have to have the screen you're making the items from up to make it. Not 100% sure though, but what I do know is that you need a tradeskill window open.

Edit: I just checked by making linen bandages and switching directly to my engineering screen... the bandages kept making, even after I was finished with the one that I switched to the engineering screen. ^.^
Osagasu
Stream
Sondessa
Saphilna

That annoying troll from the WoW forums who honestly means well. T_T

Last edited by Osagasu_Jiyuu : 06-10-05 at 12:07 PM. Reason: w00t!

06-10-05, 12:29 PM   #62
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Cool, thanks for checking on that.

06-11-05, 01:16 AM   #63
MichaelBerean
A Kobold Labourer
This is a fantastic addon. Thank you!

There were no bugs for me. I tried it with blacksmithing 259 (weaponsmith), mining 289, first aid 225, and cooking 119. I clicked on all my recipes.

I used the default KCET settings. I was running all of Insomniax 1.55 except Pinkey's tradeskills.

The only issue I noticed was more lag than usual when I scrolled through my list of recipes. I tried it in different zones with the same results. Basicly, the display in the window would freeze for a second while I continued smoothly moving the scroll bar; then it would quickly catch up. I believe it is significantly more lag than I experienced with Pinkey's. It is a minor issue, and does not detract from the massive usefulness of the addon.

Again, thank you for this wonderful addon. It is a huge improvement to the game.

06-11-05, 01:33 AM   #64
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm, not sure why it would lag more on this one the other... unless my code that figures out the filters could be improved, which is possible.

Beyond that the code that governs that portion is the same as his.

I'll look into it, could be I'm doing something silly in there.

Is anyone else experiancing this lag?

Thanks for the feedback!

06-11-05, 01:40 AM   #65
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by MichaelBerean
*snip*
The only issue I noticed was more lag than usual when I scrolled through my list of recipes. I tried it in different zones with the same results. Basicly, the display in the window would freeze for a second while I continued smoothly moving the scroll bar; then it would quickly catch up. I believe it is significantly more lag than I experienced with Pinkey's. It is a minor issue, and does not detract from the massive usefulness of the addon.

Again, thank you for this wonderful addon. It is a huge improvement to the game.
I expect what you are seeing there is Blizzards changes this patch.
The part which only lets you get info on stuff you have seen, I think thats the simplistic way of describing it.
I haven't noticed any lag but that could be as I mave a fast machine

Kaelten,
The enchanting conversion seems to be working but I am not sure if it is working perfectly.
I was looking at an enchant which needed both Greater and Lesser of the same type, I had 10 greater in the bank and 4 greater on me.
The greaters were listed as [10] and highlighted, the lessers were listed as [0/30] and not highlighted, after converting the 4 greaters I had on me to lessers it still listed the greaters as [10] but not highlighted and the lessers still listed [0/30] and were highlighted.
I hope that makes sense

06-11-05, 02:09 AM   #66
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Hmm, I'm uploading a new version that I know works on my test enchanter I made tonight. Also I did something blizzard should have done, and thats make the "in inventory / needed" show up on top of the icon like every other tradeskill

Worst part was the code was already in there for it on their part, they just didn't use it!

anywho,

The conversion I had won't auto-convert it for you, at least not in this version, but it will take the number of essence you could garner from the other version into account. Or at least it did on my little character, I did have a few minor issues in the code so I'm not supprised it it didn't work properly at all.

Soon, I'll be forming up a list of all the suggestions as well as my own ideas and trying to get a roadmap togather of what you guys can expect to see after I officially release the 1.0 version.

Thanks for the support thus far!

Kael

06-11-05, 02:19 AM   #67
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I've looked at it and I think I know whats causing the lag, or at least what could be, I have a plan that should cut this lag back significantly and I'll be working on that tommorow.

Thanks,

Kael

06-11-05, 02:39 AM   #68
paladyin
A Defias Bandit
Can't download KCET

Hi!

I'm a fan of Pinky's enganced trade skills, and i want to say THANK YOU for making it.

Since the 1.5 patch PETS was broken and I was searching for an updated version. I got here and I'm trying to download KCET but i get a "You are not authorized to view this file... " message instead of the file.

Prolly I'm just doing something basically dumb, but .... pls help ... I'd like to test KCET.

Paladyin

06-11-05, 02:59 AM   #69
Remelio

Give it another try.. I think you might have tried to download it while it was being updated.

06-11-05, 03:01 AM   #70
paladyin
A Defias Bandit
Yup, worked. Thanks. looking forward to try it.

06-11-05, 12:56 PM   #71
The Nerd Wonder
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nice job with this rework. Just have one issue. I'm running Lootlink + Norganna's item mods, so I have the modified tooltip from them. I also get a second tooltip with a colored background, less info than Norganna's and an item model if it can be equipped, I'm assuming from KC_Items. Is there a way to turn off this second one without disabling the tradeskill stuff?

Thanks much!

06-11-05, 01:23 PM   #72
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
The version of KCI thats included in the dl shouldn't have any impact on your tooltip.

Now the new version of Auctioneer has a second tooltip. that has a good bit of info in it, if by some odd chance I accidently included the version of KCI that puts info in the tooltip all its going to do is add one line to the info showing vendor sell price.

Let me know if this makes sense of the situation to you.

06-11-05, 01:59 PM   #73
The Nerd Wonder
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I'll do some more investigation...thanks!

06-11-05, 07:28 PM   #74
Knitefire
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Hunter bug

Your addon errors on hunters pet training.
it uses the same trade screen as the other trades, but the program does not recognize it and gives pop up errors.

06-11-05, 08:28 PM   #75
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
That should have been fixed on one of my previous updates, I'll go in and make sure I didn't break the fix I put in. Just in caser though try redownloading it and reinstalling it.

UPDATE:

I logged into my hunter and I recieve no error anymore, this was an issue with a past version and I think i fixed it, if after updating to the newest version you still have problems, please post or email me a screenshot of the error so I can try to find the problem.

Thanks,

Kael

Last edited by Kaelten : 06-11-05 at 08:34 PM.

06-11-05, 09:25 PM   #76
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ok guys I just put an update up and here is the change log for this version:

Patch 0.96c -

FIX: I had a few people report lag when rapidily scrolling through large list of items, I believe this is fixed now. If you use a memory meter like in Titan, you'll notice that the usage jumps when you open a trade window. Don't worry about this too much as I've seen it drop down after the GC hits, even if you keep the window open. The data that KCET loads on open does get purged after all craft screens have been closed.

IMPROVEMENT: I hope, anyway. Due to the way that KCET now handles creationdata there are two new quirks.

One) if you've never opened a craft window for the character since patch 1.5 then everything shows up with this "[]" afterwards. I will try to prevent this from happening but not sure exactly how.

Two) if have an item thats marked as being unreadable due to data miniing prevention (the ~$~) then even if you click it, it won't reload the new data until you either reopen the window or have a change in your bag contents. Now to combat this I tried to put some code in that will select these items and then refresh the creation data... now if this works I can also put in a fix for quirk 1, however if it doesn't it'll create an endless loop, and cause alot of lag. If anyone has this please let me know ASAP so I can fix it.

Please check it out and see if the lag fix worked, also if anyone can tell me if my fix for the ~$~ items worked or failed horridly it would be of great help.

06-12-05, 01:30 AM   #77
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation

0.96c: Attempting to open my First Aid window completely locks me up and I have to abort WoW to close. The first time it happened I waited for a while to see if it was a lag issue (which I still believe it is) and I heard an error alert but I was never able to recover from the lag to read the error so I can't give it to you. Disabling for now.

06-12-05, 04:12 AM   #78
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Doh, ok that tells me what my code does, although I thought it would work, oh well.

Ok going to post an emergency fix here in the next few mins. And while I'm at it, I just got done with an important feature too. lol.

06-12-05, 04:37 AM   #79
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
ok guys, posted a update/fix, as soon as the mods let er fly she'll be up and ready to go, and this should be fixing the crash bugs as well. Sorry, but I was hoping I could prevent users from having to go through some of those annoyances even if they only pop up once on those certain items.

06-12-05, 10:34 AM   #80
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Cluey: Are you still noticing the odd behavior like that in the essence conversion, This may be due to a lag in the Inventory/Bank saving code. please let mek now if its working or if its still doing something like that.

Maybe if you could reexplain it(I only got 3 hours of sleep) I could possibly track it down a little bit better.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Beta Testers Wanted - KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite