08-31-12, 03:53 AM   #1
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone having this taint with custom UnitFrames?

I would like to know if anyone is having taint issues with their custom unit frames on 5.0.4 on live servers.

Code:
Global variable INSPECTED_UNIT tainted by Tukui - Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_InspectUI\Blizzard_InspectUI.lua:9 InspectFrame_Show()
how to reproduce:

1- Inspect someone
2- Go into your talent, try to unlearn a talent
3- confirm it
4 ... interface blocked blah blah blah ...

Trying to find a solution for this since the last 2 hours without any result. This taint is driving me crazy. I even tried with some others custom unitframes just in case if the issue was on my unitframes only but... same problem, same taint.

Code:
8/31 05:55:28.501  Global variable INSPECTED_UNIT tainted by ShadowedUnitFrames - Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_InspectUI\Blizzard_InspectUI.lua:9 InspectFrame_Show()

Last edited by tukz : 08-31-12 at 04:01 AM.

08-31-12, 04:17 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe another taint caused by the dropdownmenu bug.

There is another bug that is related to the dropdownmenu. If you leave combat in a group it will spit out that CompactUnitFrame or CompactRaidFrame was tainted without any addon actually touching that part of code.

Maul posted (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...38&postcount=2) that he could track down the message for using the dropdownmenu.

Maybe your issue has to do with the dropdownmenu aswell. (Since you use the dropdown to inspect)

So atm it may be possible that using the dropdownmenu at all nets us random taints.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 08-31-12 at 04:24 AM.

08-31-12, 04:44 AM   #3
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by zork View Post
There is another bug that is related to the dropdownmenu. If you leave combat in a group it will spit out that CompactUnitFrame or CompactRaidFrame was tainted without any addon actually touching that part of code.
Ehm, unfortunately i don't have this taint. Probably because I changed how I disable the Blizz Raid frames with 5.0 patch when my raid frames are enabled.

I know its related to uidropdown, but it happen even if the dropdown is unedited/untouched, which is weird.

08-31-12, 04:48 AM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tukz View Post
Ehm, unfortunately i don't have this taint. Probably because I changed how I disable the Blizz Raid frames with 5.0 patch when my raid frames are enabled.

I know its related to uidropdown, but it happen even if the dropdown is unedited/untouched, which is weird.
Sorry but is he actually writing the INSPECTED_UNIT global variable? (not reading it)

If that's the case then don't?

08-31-12, 04:50 AM   #5
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Sorry but is he actually writing the INSPECTED_UNIT global variable? (not reading it)

If that's the case then don't?
No, I'm not.

08-31-12, 04:54 AM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Was referring to shadowed, and sorry if it came across terse (quick tabbing while fixing addons on beta has me typing telegraphic responses)

on topic: that's odd

08-31-12, 04:56 AM   #7
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Was referring to shadowed, and sorry if it came across terse (quick tabbing while fixing addons on beta has me typing telegraphic responses)

on topic: that's odd
shadowed unit frames is not writing or reading INSPECTED_UNIT in his addon as well. :P

08-31-12, 05:22 AM   #8
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

TalentFrame_Update() from TalentFrameBase.lua accesses INSPECT_UNIT and is used in both the InspectUI and TalentUI (through PlayerTalentFrame_Refresh() when you're on the talent tab)

If that's the codepath spreading taint, not sure how/if you can workaround.
(maybe replace/prehook TalentFrame_Update() with a copy that doesn't use INSPECT_UNIT merely as a test, not suggesting this as an actual workaround, just to help with the detective work)

08-31-12, 11:08 AM   #9
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Dargen posted this regarding the DropDownMenu bug.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...24969?page=1#2

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Anyone having this taint with custom UnitFrames?