08-26-12, 10:04 AM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possible bug with UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event

When you log in a character for the first time that has any sort of stances and have "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" and "UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM" events registered to a frame both will fire.

Problem:

If you use GetShapeshiftForm() in the the "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" event on first loadup it will return the wrong result.
Doesn't matter much since "UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM" gets triggered thereafter and GetShapeshiftForm() delivers the correct result by then.

But the behaviour changes once you do a "/reload". "UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM" does not get triggered at all. Only "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" does. But in this case on "/reload" when using GetShapeshiftForm() in the "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" event it will return the correct result.

So when tracking stance information it is needed to register both events and to make sure that they work either on first login or on reload. Not sure why there is a difference between first login and reload.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

08-26-12, 07:19 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's always been a difference between a login and a reload... when you first log in, your game client has to receive all the information from the server before the UI can use it. When you reload, all the information is already stored in the client, and is available to the UI immediately. As for UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM firing or not firing, that makes sense as well -- when you first log in, you are not in any form, because you don't exist yet. When you reload, only the UI is reloading; the "physical reality" of your character and the game world does not reload along with it.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Possible bug with UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event