08-29-12, 05:12 PM   #1
Cybeloras
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No more CLEU SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS?

It seems that CLEU SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS no longer occurs for spells with cast times - it only fires for instant cast spells now. I couldn't find anything about this change anywhere - has Blizzard said anything about it or why they did it? Either its a bug, or they did it for some reason of game/addon balance, but I don't really see how it could have been such a big issue to warrant its removal.

Any thoughts on this?

08-29-12, 08:18 PM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I couldn't find anything, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Could you not simply use UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCESS instead, and skip CLEU?

08-29-12, 09:46 PM   #3
Cybeloras
A Fallenroot Satyr

Perhaps, but UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED only fires for units with valid unitIDs. You can't track when someone in your general vicinity has cast a spell, unless there is a buff/debuff associated with the spell.

Overall, the loss in functionality isn't tremendous, but it still could cause some issues, especially with addons that are expecting it to function. Mainly wanted to create this thread just so that people searching for information about why their addon isn't working properly could have at least one relevant result. Not being able to find anything can be frustrating, to say the least.

08-29-12, 10:51 PM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was aways under the impression that SPELL_CAST_START only fired for spells with cast times, and SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS only for instant spells, in as early as WotLK

Haven't touched CLEU for months though ..

08-29-12, 11:04 PM   #5
Cybeloras
A Fallenroot Satyr

This is the only other thing I could find about this:

- nbluewiz via svn r7758: # Garajal : fix banishment target not showing. fix lua error. restore lfr banishment timer. fix lfr totem (seems that bliz removed SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event)
Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » No more CLEU SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS?