07-23-11, 11:43 AM   #1
Blakkeyez
A Murloc Raider
Smarter tradeskill categories, filters or custom lists

A few years ago I used to make lists in ATSW of recipes I used often: It was often buggy and favorites lists vanished and it was a bit clunky to try to set them up again. I'm sure some of the "all-in-one" trade skill addons have something like this nowadays?

I'd like however to keep my addons as few and specific as possible and therefore I would like to ask if you know an addon that does one of these things and does it really simple (preferably only that specific task, tekkub u r my hero <3).

* Lets you customize existing categories in the original trade skill window (really Blizzard, we do not want the categories other, other, the other other and miscellaneous)

or

* Lets you filter out single recipes you never want to use again in the original trade skill window

or

* Allows you to make a customized list of all recipes you use normally (a favorites list)

I'm looking for something simple that just holds my everyday recipes in a nice and tidy fashion, not the complete package that alters windows, adds auction functionality or calculates profits and so on like ATSW, Lil'Sparkys, TSL, Skillet etc.

Any tips appreciated,
Blakkeyez

Last edited by Blakkeyez : 07-23-11 at 11:49 AM.
07-23-11, 11:57 AM   #2
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the trouble with your request is that the tradeskill window is populated directly by the standard api calls to the tradeskill functions. in addition, the normal filtering options available to the standard ui frame are handled on the server as are the categories/groups.

in order to add the functionality you desire to the standard ui frame, you'd need to completely rewrite the standard ui under the hood or implement some additional layer of api to intercept the normal trade skill api functions to return new information.

you could get something that looks small and lightweight, but would likely be more complex than you're thinking.
07-23-11, 12:04 PM   #3
Blakkeyez
A Murloc Raider
Darn

I suspected something like that since otherwise many addons would probably already have that sort of functionality. Thanks anyway for the super fast response. I have enjoyed your addons so hugs from me to you.
07-23-11, 12:24 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you have a LibDataBroker display (NinjaPanel, Titan Panel, Fortress, DockingStation, etc...) then give Ara_Broker_Tradeskills a try. iirc, you can add craftable items to the LDB tooltip/menu by a modified click in the tradeskill window.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-23-11, 12:58 PM   #5
Blakkeyez
A Murloc Raider
I have used Ara Tradeskills for quite some time. It's actually the only addon I ever commented on before, asking if it was possible to add summoning the cosy cooking fire to the cooking menu (still not implemented, sadly)

I cannot however find any option to add recipes/formulas/plans to the list except for the ones with cooldowns that are tracked. But maybe you misunderstood me when saying "everyday recipes". To me that is more than the ones that have a cooldown and would mean f ex making health and mana potions, flasks for raiding, a few items I repeatedly sell at the AH, enchants i often use, perhaps some feasts, origami stones... one must always have origami stones

Edit: Oh, I've used Fortress for long but hey... Ninja panel? Did you say ninja!? hmmm everything sounds a bit better with ninja in it. If I can have it with sharks, fishnet stockings and a sailor tattoo I'll switch right away.

Last edited by Blakkeyez : 07-23-11 at 01:10 PM.
07-23-11, 01:18 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's a hidden feature. I just logged in to double-check how to add an item as a shortcut.

- open your tradeskill window (ex. tailoring)
- find the item (ex. bolt of embersilk cloth)
- hover over the icon of the item and see the line added to the tooltip
- click!

It will now be listed in the Ara_Broker_Tradeskills menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-23-11, 01:26 PM   #7
Blakkeyez
A Murloc Raider
That is so great! You are the best.

Probably the best find since Barbapapa (http://www.barbapapa.fr/gb/barbapapa-family.html) was looking for love all over the world and found Barbamama growing in his own front yard.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Smarter tradeskill categories, filters or custom lists