12-20-06, 08:56 AM   #1
arkayenro
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ArkInventory

is here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Inventory.html

comments, suggestions, bugs found, anything, list it here and i'll try and respond
12-22-06, 05:45 AM   #2
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I like the look and feel to it (blue happens to be my favorite color), but I wonder if you couldn't make a texture like what Blizzard has going on so that it feels less like a mod and more like it fits what's already there?

Either way I plan to use this mod on my main as long as it supports the high number of bag slots he has. Most mods I've found won't support all 18 slot bags in the bank (with the exception of 1 24 slot bag). For some reason they just give up displaying slots after a certain point (134 I think) so when I get a chance to test this that'll be a determining factor for me, unless you already know if this mod does or not, for sure.
12-22-06, 06:33 AM   #3
LoneGunner
A Kobold Labourer
Great mod

I was using engbags but this one looks cleaner and fast

I have 2 questions:
1- Is there a option to auto-set a item category using the item class type (Reagent, Misc, Trade Goods, etc) otherwise setting it to default category ?

2- Is there a option to scale the whole interface ?

Ty
12-22-06, 08:56 AM   #4
arkayenro
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
but I wonder if you couldn't make a texture like what Blizzard has going on so that it feels less like a mod and more like it fits what's already there?
do you mean the basic black background i've got or the empty slot background? either way i could probably look at putting something else in there. any suggestions for the background?

as long as it supports the high number of bag slots he has
slot numbers are unlimited, well nothing hardcoded any way, same with the bars, it just keeps on adding frames and buttons as required. my main has 84 bag slots and 138 bank slots, all of which display ok.

1- Is there a option to auto-set a item category using the item class type (Reagent, Misc, Trade Goods, etc) otherwise setting it to default category ?
the default categories are very basic so far, it relies mostly on blizzards ItemType so Quest, Reagent, Misc, Trade Goods etc should all be categorised as they load up with some tooltip scanning to pick up soulbound and other bits and pieces.

2- Is there a option to scale the whole interface ?
not yet, i hadn't really thought of it, but i'll see what i can do.
12-22-06, 09:53 AM   #5
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by arkayenro
do you mean the basic black background i've got or the empty slot background? either way i could probably look at putting something else in there. any suggestions for the background?
I mean the black stoney looking thing seen in the default bags and titan panel.

slot numbers are unlimited, well nothing hardcoded any way, same with the bars, it just keeps on adding frames and buttons as required. my main has 84 bag slots and 138 bank slots, all of which display ok.
I don't know why, but AIOI would just stop displaying bag slots if I had more than all 18 slot bags. I lost 20 black lotus in one of the last 6 bank slots that it wouldn't display.
12-22-06, 10:11 AM   #6
arkayenro
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tenmiles
I mean the black stoney looking thing seen in the default bags and titan panel.
done, it's an option v1.23, you can chose between the normal background for empty slots (bank gray colour, not the brown backback) or coloured plain backgrounds (default is the icon).

window scaling is in v1.23 as well, from 40-200%
12-22-06, 03:04 PM   #7
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by arkayenro
done, it's an option v1.23, you can chose between the normal background for empty slots (bank gray colour, not the brown backback) or coloured plain backgrounds (default is the icon).

window scaling is in v1.23 as well, from 40-200%
Much thanks
12-22-06, 05:36 PM   #8
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This has already been stated on the addon page, but if this could replace bags so that when I press B and/or Shift+B it doesn't open the default bags. Making a macro works in the meantime, but it displays that message that gets annoying.

Edit: it'd be cool, too, if we could customize the bank seperately from the normal inventory and be able to view both at the same time (also having the mod replace the bank like the bag replacement suggestion earlier).

Last edited by tenmiles : 12-22-06 at 08:02 PM.
12-28-06, 12:56 PM   #9
miguillo
A Kobold Labourer
Translation and categories

Very great job (and happy chrismas)

For translations and categories management, it should be a better idea to use client internal constants:
http://www.wowwiki.com/WoW_Constants (ITEM_BIND_ON_EQUIP, ITEM_SOULBOUND, ITEM_STARTS_QUEST, ITEM_BIND_QUEST, ITEM_RESIST_SINGLE, etc in the hope you understand those choices as exemple ;-) )
an interesting lib that could be used for categories is PeriodicTable-2.0 (ace2 lib) and perhaps (optionnal dep?) TradeskillData.lua from TradeskillInfo (ace2 also)
11-25-15, 06:19 PM   #10
jkechil1986
A Kobold Labourer
layout

Here's my layout if anyone wants to load it in and not worry about setting it all up
arkinventory settings - my settings if you want to use them. download and move to " \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\"your account"\SavedVariables "
(updated 11/25/2015)

bag layout pic

I've got a decent set of rules set up, bank and guild bank setup and a few sorting options.

tags: import, settings

Last edited by jkechil1986 : 11-25-15 at 06:26 PM.
07-31-16, 02:18 AM   #11
JustJinxed
A Kobold Labourer
Love it, but....

I loved this mod with all my heart, still kind of do. But the overhead of my gear was getting to be a bit too much. Especially with all my transmog items. Now that we have the xmog interface, I'll be porting back from Adibags to Arkinventory again. Ahh relief! Can't stand how Adi adjusts the bags all the time on you, even when you uncheck the dynamic setting in the options.

How I missed you Ark! Much love,

--A true fanboy!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » ArkInventory