05-13-09, 08:06 PM   #21
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not too sure why you people are bothered by the title screen. It really confuses me.

I spend less less than 30 seconds on that screen.

I put in my password then wait 3 seconds for the Authenticator screen to pop up to enter that password. Done. Game loaded.

If you sitting on that screen for whatever reason .. turn the volume on your speakers down until you get in game.

BUT if the login screen bothers you that much use this addon.
If you want to replace the graphics with a black screen drop the "INTERFACE" folder into your "DATA" folder. To remove just sound drop the "SOUND" folder into your "DATA" folder. To remove both graphics AND sound drop both folders into your "DATA" folder.
05-23-09, 11:24 AM   #22
iindigo
An Aku'mai Servant

At least for me, the Wrath login screen is just annoying. It extends initial launch time by several seconds, has a loud and annoying dragon, and drags the FPS down more than most of the game itself does. Reverting back to the original brought back my quick launch times and looks nice, all while killing that stupid frostwyrm.
05-26-09, 01:10 PM   #23
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i have been using the silencer mod for months now.. i truly hate the sound of guns.. and being a hunter... Guns can be unavoidable at times...
05-26-09, 06:40 PM   #24
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I dropped in a more subtle sound to replace the stupid Death Knight horse 'scream' when it is summoned. That scream was cool the first 50 times or so, then I started wanting those damned horses gone (even on my own DK).
05-26-09, 07:20 PM   #25
almightykramer
A Kobold Labourer
MPQ editing can give you huge advantages, removing walls, doors, etc, thus why it isn't allowed. It would be nice to have a good way to do something like this thru LUA
05-27-09, 01:11 AM   #26
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by almightykramer View Post
MPQ editing can give you huge advantages, removing walls, doors, etc, thus why it isn't allowed. It would be nice to have a good way to do something like this thru LUA
Not sure exactly what you mean there, but exactly because of the fact that MPQ editing can alter the client and provide unfair advantages to players, Blizzard will never allow something like this in API calls. It would be chaotic.
05-27-09, 02:06 AM   #27
tinyu
A Molten Giant

i reckon blizzard should have a option so that players can choose what login screen they want, or have it alternate between logins.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Does Blizz frown on non-addon folder-based mods?