07-01-07, 01:25 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bug Report Thread

This thread is a place to post and discuss bugs, i.e. errors or things that are not behaving in the way that they are intended. To be clear:

* This is not a place for questions.
* This is not a place for suggestions.
* This is not a place for feature requests.

I encourage you to verify problems other people have posted, adding more information from your experiences if possible. Also, be precise and thorough in your posts. Things you should include:

* Description of what happened and what led to it. What mazzifier settings you used, if applicable.
* If there's an error message, the exact error. You can click on the bugsack icon to get the full error. Simple cut and paste it from that window into your bug report. This is by far the most important thing you need to include.
* Your aspect ratio or resolution
* Class, level, race
* Which button layout you chose (if it has to do with buttons)
* Any extra add-ons you may be using
* A screenshot, if applicable

To keep things clean and on point, I'll be deleting posts that don't meet these guidelines.

And please try to use correct spelling and grammar. Complete sentences and paragraphs go a long way. It's hard enough trying to figure out what people mean.
07-01-07, 09:54 AM   #2
stec
A Cliff Giant
One thing ive come to notice is with a lvl 9 hunter i created today whenever i log in its like its re-mazzifying and all options go back to how i set them in the mazzle process, any extra buttons i put out have gone, follow terrain turns back on auto target self turns off, and theres a few other things, seems a bit odd too many, anyone else seen this.

Il try this on my main and re-edit this post. oh ive logged in and out an extra 4 times on this char just too check and it does it every time.

Just checked with my main and it didnt do it so it only seems to happen on my new lil char. no errors in bugsack or any dodgy noises just te woosh sound whenever i log my new char in and everything re-sets to default setup again .

Sorry if im not making much sense the shedevil is cracking the whip cause i need to go make tea for the tribe. so im kinda rushing this

Last edited by stec : 07-01-07 at 10:03 AM.
07-01-07, 10:04 AM   #3
vampiricwound
A Cyclonian
i got an error with nquestlog

[2007/07/01 09:45:50-2-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\BlizzardFrames.lua:22: AceDB-2.0: "RegisterDefaults" has already been called for "BlizzardFrames"::"profile".
FuBarPlugin-2.0-40928:492: in function `?'
Dewdrop-2.0-42066 (DewdropLib):663: in function <...erface\AddOns\DewdropLib\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:604>

---

i had noticed that it wasnt updating the quest item completion as well (although when i moused over the quests the tooltip was updated) i ended up closing the minion, and when i went to go re-open it the poor thing wasnt loading....could be i need to update the ace-addons and libraries in already? (gonna try this when i get home from work anyway)

*edit* that seems to have fixed it...i like the idea of making it so that the ace addon program will not overwrite any of the modified items makes me less afraid to update anything

Last edited by vampiricwound : 07-01-07 at 10:36 AM.
07-01-07, 01:45 PM   #4
jrod39
A Defias Bandit
Hey mazz just wanted to ask , i see in the change log that you improved the code for using different pc with different aspect ratios. the prob i have is that my laptop is set up but when i got to my desk top everything button wise is screwed up is there any way to fix this or am i just gonna have to live with it also great job i love this ui thanks for making wow fun to play
07-01-07, 01:54 PM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jrod39
Hey mazz just wanted to ask , i see in the change log that you improved the code for using different pc with different aspect ratios. the prob i have is that my laptop is set up but when i got to my desk top everything button wise is screwed up is there any way to fix this or am i just gonna have to live with it also great job i love this ui thanks for making wow fun to play
You still have to do the same thing I described before. You mazzify the buttons on the computers with the largest aspect ratio separately. First you do everything but the buttons at the correct aspect ratio. Then you do just the buttons, manually choosing the aspect ratio of the smaller computer.

The only difference now is that you don't have to do a third step and remazzify the layout afterwards again.

(If you're curious, it needs your "true" aspect ratio to set things up correctly when you log in. In the new version, it no longer changes that "true" value when you mazzify only the buttons. Previously, the third step would fix that value to be correct.)
07-02-07, 09:20 PM   #6
Blacknoir
A Defias Bandit
Autobar gone...

Step 1: Search FAQ - Check
Step 2: Search Bug Report Thread - Check

Problem: Was walking a guildmate through Mazzle install - Her autobar has suddenly gone away.

Before that happened:
Installed new Mazzle from scratch (backed up Interface). Everything worked fine.
Installed !!!StandAloneLibraries
Updated Mods using WAU -> no externals

What happened next:
Autobar dissapeared. Only green dot in center of the screen. No option to hook it back to Mazzle Damage Frame. Nothing in the bars themselves.

What we tried to do:
Re-mazzifying with Addon selection and only checking Autobar - didn't fix it.
Deleting Autobar.lua in /WTF/Savedvariables - didn't fix it.
Deleting Autobar and Autobarconfig directories and re-WAU'ing - didn't fix it.

What we did NOT do:
Delete Interface/WTF Folders and re-install Mazzle completely.

Why we didn't do that:
1. I Spent 3 hours configuring her layout over Vent. I was tired.
[Edit below]
2. *MY* Autobar, which I also updated with WAU, didn't go missing.
[\Edit]

So.
Question #1: Is Autobar one of those "old" mods that shouldn't be updated?
Question #2: Will I be skewered with a hot poker for updating with WAU?
Question #3: Should I just nuke everything and spend another 3 hours in vent with her re-doing her layout?
[Edit below]
Question #4: If this isn't a bug, and rather an "idiot" thing, will I be berated for posting in the Bug Report thread?
[\Edit]

Hey Mazzle - thanks for a kick-butt compilation.

TIA,
Blacknoir of Zul'Jin

Last edited by Blacknoir : 07-02-07 at 09:40 PM.
07-02-07, 10:07 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All mods should work perfectly fine as 1.1 was just released yesterday. You should not have to run WAU.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-07-07, 02:12 AM   #8
Magice
A Murloc Raider
Dont know if its been posted, but when you complete a quest object it lists that you have done it twice
ex

Sheep slain: 1/4
Sheep 1/4

nothing major but a problem none the less
07-07-07, 04:54 AM   #9
Sarzema
A Murloc Raider
Sense Demons Button on Minimap:

After Mazzleing the Button disappears. But after a few sec/min the button appears again. Locks for me like the same problem for the fire stone button of the shard ace addon before Version 1.1.
I deactivated the Tracker Addon.
07-07-07, 10:47 AM   #10
stec
A Cliff Giant
While looking for a screenie for your request mazzle, i noticed this problem when im hotswapping, the raid groups expand too far too the right and i want them all in the middle anyway i can do this.

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5541914pi1.jpg
08-06-07, 05:53 AM   #11
Echuir
A Murloc Raider
After updating Fubar Mailfu I no longer have the icon on the drop down bar and the addon will not load. It says it will enable at next load. I have loaded about 10 times now and still it says this. I have updated all the ACE items that the new version requires and I have no errors in the bugsack.

FuBar_MailFu-r9603 is the version that I have installed. I installed this to get the mail notification to work properly as this is supposed to fix it.

Last edited by Echuir : 08-06-07 at 06:12 AM.
08-06-07, 10:34 AM   #12
moralsin
A Murloc Raider
Question

hey mazz, well my problem is that since ive re-installed your UI (witch is amazing by the way)riad chat and local defense chat isnt working in battlegrounds. i can see what everybody else is typing except for when i send a message it says nothing. is there somthing im missing?anyways thanks in advance
08-06-07, 11:03 AM   #13
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Cartographer Oddity with MacAceUpdater

Folks with Cartographer issues,

When I updated Cart with the MacAceUpdater, I noted that Cart is updated in a single folder called Cartographer in my AddOns folder. Within that folder are the additional Cart AddOns that are found loose in the AddOns folder with MazzleUI.

If you have that symptom, move the folders in /AddOns/Cartographer/ to /AddOns; leave the files alone!

This fixed every Cart prob I had and, with a current Ace update, I have no errors in my BugSack!

Woot!

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
07-02-07, 11:07 PM   #14
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Blacknoir, I think you're making things far more complicated than they should be.

Originally Posted by Blacknoir
Before that happened:
Installed new Mazzle from scratch (backed up Interface). Everything worked fine.
Installed !!!StandAloneLibraries
Updated Mods using WAU -> no externals
That's not a clean install, which is what I recommended people do in the release thread. And there was no need to run WAU as Seerah mentioned.

What we did NOT do:
Delete Interface/WTF Folders and re-install Mazzle completely.
That is a clean install and what you should do.

Why we didn't do that:
1. I Spent 3 hours configuring her layout over Vent. I was tired.
[Edit below]
If you were spending all that time creating a custom button layout, just copy over the BongosActionBars.lua file from that interface folder over to your new one after the clean install. And make sure you uncheck the "Place spells in buttons" when you mazzify, so it doesn't alter the server-side button contents.

2. *MY* Autobar, which I also updated with WAU, didn't go missing.
As a general piece of advice for everyone, the WAU is not a magical utility that pumps out fixes every day. It gives you the latest beta builds. Latest betas can mean new bugs as well as new fixes. I wouldn't recommend just running it all the time, like a lot of people seem to be doing. I certainly don't. The only reason it was required for 1.0 was b/c the package was a several months old.
07-03-07, 02:20 AM   #15
gasgsm
A Kobold Labourer
I use yor amazing pack and Healbot Continued addon. Everething works perfect but after I enter /hb reset command to reset all Healbot options his window disappears. Minimap icon still work but main addon window not displayed. Reload UI not fix this problem. Can you give me some advise wich addon can couse such conflict or maybee you can give me some hints how to solve this problem. Thank You!
07-03-07, 02:37 AM   #16
malad
A Murloc Raider
First things first: 1.1 is beyond expectations, it's brilliant.

Secondly:

Not exactly a bug, but just a redundancy issue. I noticed that I was getting duplicate quest progress notifications. E.g. "Dark Iron Slaver Slayed 8/15" twice over. I'm not sure where the 2nd notification was coming from. I disabled all of nQuestLog's notifications and that fixed it. Just an observation =)
07-03-07, 06:53 AM   #17
stec
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by malad
First things first: 1.1 is beyond expectations, it's brilliant.

Secondly:

Not exactly a bug, but just a redundancy issue. I noticed that I was getting duplicate quest progress notifications. E.g. "Dark Iron Slaver Slayed 8/15" twice over. I'm not sure where the 2nd notification was coming from. I disabled all of nQuestLog's notifications and that fixed it. Just an observation =)

Read known issues mate, its all there!
07-03-07, 02:16 PM   #18
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gasgsm
I use yor amazing pack and Healbot Continued addon. Everething works perfect but after I enter /hb reset command to reset all Healbot options his window disappears. Minimap icon still work but main addon window not displayed. Reload UI not fix this problem. Can you give me some advise wich addon can couse such conflict or maybee you can give me some hints how to solve this problem. Thank You!
No idea. I don't use healbot or do anything to healbot. I'd post on a healbot forum/thread.
07-04-07, 12:09 AM   #19
Surefire
A Murloc Raider
Warlocks ShardAce

Hey great job with the UI mazzle I don't know what I do without your compilation. Anyways the new ShardAce doesn't seem to work too well. I set the max amount of soulshards to 16 but the mod doesn't delete shards no matter what number i set it to. Clicking on the number of shards I had in the little circle above Autobar would delete excess shards, but then I had a little problem with shards going to the wrong bag and such and it was all a big mess. I think I got the bag sorter to work now though, but I'm still having problems with excess shards.
07-03-07, 08:43 AM   #20
Blacknoir
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Blacknoir, I think you're making things far more complicated than they should be.
Thank you for the advice, Mazzle, and thank you for not skewering me with a hot poker. I will get this done with her today, and get her Mazzified again.

Once again, thank you *greatly* for this contribution to the community.
-Bn of Zul'Jin

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread