Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-02-07, 11:07 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blacknoir, I think you're making things far more complicated than they should be.

Originally Posted by Blacknoir
Before that happened:
Installed new Mazzle from scratch (backed up Interface). Everything worked fine.
Installed !!!StandAloneLibraries
Updated Mods using WAU -> no externals
That's not a clean install, which is what I recommended people do in the release thread. And there was no need to run WAU as Seerah mentioned.

What we did NOT do:
Delete Interface/WTF Folders and re-install Mazzle completely.
That is a clean install and what you should do.

Why we didn't do that:
1. I Spent 3 hours configuring her layout over Vent. I was tired.
[Edit below]
If you were spending all that time creating a custom button layout, just copy over the BongosActionBars.lua file from that interface folder over to your new one after the clean install. And make sure you uncheck the "Place spells in buttons" when you mazzify, so it doesn't alter the server-side button contents.

2. *MY* Autobar, which I also updated with WAU, didn't go missing.
As a general piece of advice for everyone, the WAU is not a magical utility that pumps out fixes every day. It gives you the latest beta builds. Latest betas can mean new bugs as well as new fixes. I wouldn't recommend just running it all the time, like a lot of people seem to be doing. I certainly don't. The only reason it was required for 1.0 was b/c the package was a several months old.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread