09-03-08, 11:25 AM   #1
NarcissusV
A Murloc Raider
Transparent Recount Window

I undertook my first attempt at redoing my entire UI from the ground up yesterday and after 5 hours it's looking pretty nice, but my question is this. I have a frame at the bottom of my screen made using Skinner which then has all my Omen, Recount and buttons on top of it. The frame is all black. When I have Recount on top of it, it has the read title bar and stuff and yet I see UI's like the following and that along with Omen are all transparent allowing you to use eepanels2 to make an awesome backdrop for them. Any suggestions on how I get this to happen and make Recount look like this persons:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...907_223509.jpg
09-03-08, 03:03 PM   #2
NarcissusV
A Murloc Raider
I also see it here...and it's drivin me nuts that I can't figure out how to do it. I've gotta be missing something right in front of my face

http://www.wowinsider.com/media/2007...sheeptimer.jpg
09-03-08, 03:23 PM   #3
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

maybe a dumb question, but...

do you realize you can use Skinner to skin certain addon frames as well?

if you look in your Skinner folder, you'll see a folder called "AddonSkins" and one called "SkinMe" (as well as a couple others).
look in the "AddonSkins" folder and find the names of the addons you want to skin (i.e. "Omen.lua" and/or "Recount.lua") and move them into the "SkinMe" folder.
reload your interface and you're good to go!
09-03-08, 03:27 PM   #4
NarcissusV
A Murloc Raider
Actually I did try that and it did skin it but skinned it really dark gray like everything else that I dropped in the SkinMe folder. So I'd rather it just be transparent to blend in with whatever I have behind (which in this case is easy cause its just black).
09-03-08, 04:00 PM   #5
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

well if the "frame at the bottom of my screen made using Skinner which then has all my Omen, Recount and buttons on top of it" is a Skinner "Middle Frame", you can adjust it separately from everything else. so it can stay black and you can adjust the "default" background settings (that affect the addon frames) to transparent, can't you?
09-03-08, 04:01 PM   #6
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First of all, that isn't Recount in the first SS. Secondly, type /recount config and go to Appearance and select your colors. On the right side of the color selection window is a bar to change the alpha. Omen is similar, just look for the alpha bar when choosing colors.
09-03-08, 04:17 PM   #7
NarcissusV
A Murloc Raider
I will def try those when I get home. Thanks for the help guys. And yeah, my mistake on the first ss, but you got the drift.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Transparent Recount Window