06-09-08, 04:43 PM   #1
Mazra
A Murloc Raider
Black area when Alt+Z

This is more out of curiosity than anything else, but when I press Alt+Z to remove the UI, the bottom of the screen is covered by a blackened area. The area somewhat fits the actionbars, so I'm guessing it's related to that.

Has the field of view been stretched so that the bottom part of the UI doesn't interfere with the view?

1280x1024 and using the 1.25 aspect ratio.

Example.
06-09-08, 04:56 PM   #2
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mazra View Post
This is more out of curiosity than anything else, but when I press Alt+Z to remove the UI, the bottom of the screen is covered by a blackened area. The area somewhat fits the actionbars, so I'm guessing it's related to that.

Has the field of view been stretched so that the bottom part of the UI doesn't interfere with the view?

1280x1024 and using the 1.25 aspect ratio.

Example.
This happens on all aspects. Mazzle uses the viewport function so that the game only shows in the visable viewable areas. This is so that you don't have things on the botton of your view/screen hidden by the buttons. The top of the button/artwork is REALLy the bottom of your viewable screen.
06-10-08, 05:26 PM   #3
alenda
A Cliff Giant

It's pretty much so you don't waste system resources rendering things you don't see.
09-03-08, 03:58 PM   #4
Greatheart
A Defias Bandit
Hi there, just to say I LOVE the MazzleUI and find it brilliant but one aspect that annoys me is the screen being moved up. I downloaded the UI thinking "Brilliant, all that top rubbish is at the bottom out the way with the wasted space below my char".

But now I find out I'm actually missing a strip out of the top of the screen I could be using to have a better view of the game. Is there any way to prevent the screen being moved up without messing with the MazzleUI? I don't mind wasting system resources etc as I've got an uber PC but I'm a bit anal about making my UI as efficient as possible for raiding.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.s. I don't mind changing code etc I've done a bit of programming in my time but I'd rather not start poking around without asking first.
09-03-08, 06:41 PM   #5
oliverlee
A Defias Bandit
Open MazzleUI_Core.lua file in MazzleUI folder, search the following code
Code:
self:CreateViewport(147)
and replace by

Code:
        --self:CreateViewport(147)
or add "--"

09-03-08, 07:54 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Greatheart View Post
But now I find out I'm actually missing a strip out of the top of the screen I could be using to have a better view of the game.
No you're not, that's not how viewports work. The rendered game area isn't moved, it's size is changed. In essence, you're playing at a widescreen resolution now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-04-08, 06:18 AM   #7
Greatheart
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the info, works a treat. I gained about half an inch but don't tell the missus that!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Black area when Alt+Z