12-08-14, 08:27 AM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bad values from UnitGetIncomingHeals

UnitGetIncomingHeals has been returning bad data since the pre-expansion patch. I've tested on several classes and had several friends test it as well, with the same results. The values it provides are only 10-50% of the actual amount that gets healed. Since the discrepancy is not consistent, I can't just work around it by applying a multiplier. It's also not just the base value of the heal before stat bonuses are applied, since if I take off all my gear so the spell swill heal for closer to their base amount, the values from UnitGetIncomingHeals also get smaller.

For example, I'm currently on a level 90 enhancement shaman. When I cast Healing Surge on myself repeatedly, UnitGetIncomingHeals("player") returns 1385 every time, but I'm actually healed for 5033 (give or take a few points).

I've been waiting and hoping Blizzard will fix it, but since they have not, I guess they just have no idea it's broken. My EU account won't let me post on the US forums, so if someone with an active US subscription can post this (mainly just the first two paragraphs) on the US forums for me, that would be nice.
12-08-14, 09:05 AM   #2
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've just posted this here.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Bad values from UnitGetIncomingHeals