12-31-14, 11:05 PM   #1
Tejh
A Murloc Raider
DefaultUI

Used SkaarjUI as a base and then ripped out everything I didn't want. All that's left of it is placement of Litestats / map.

Working on unit frames and combat text placement now

Don't worry about the raid frames on the left in the second picture. They will disappear when I'm done with placement.

advice, comments, concerns, whatever have you is very welcome
01-01-15, 12:53 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, other than the unreadably tiny pixel font and the garish neon colors -- both of which you obviously like -- the main thing that jumps out at me is the chat frame background -- it's visible enough to be distracting, but not visible enough to really help readability. I'd just get rid of it, but you could also go the other way and make it darker.
01-01-15, 01:58 PM   #3
Tejh
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Well, other than the unreadably tiny pixel font and the garish neon colors -- both of which you obviously like -- the main thing that jumps out at me is the chat frame background -- it's visible enough to be distracting, but not visible enough to really help readability. I'd just get rid of it, but you could also go the other way and make it darker.
the colors are a throwback to my favorite uis by Lyn and led as well as the pixel fonts :P. I agree with the chatbackground though, its not really serving a purpose other than "I've always used it, why not?"
01-01-15, 03:17 PM   #4
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Nice work in progress! My suggestions: use the same pixel font for the chat tabs, data text, damage meter, and unitframes (right now I see two different pixel fonts). Pixel fonts would also look great with XCT/MSBT and with nameplates. I prefer Hooge 05_55 Multi. Good luck!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » DefaultUI