06-01-12, 01:49 PM   #1
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for some feedback!

I've started on a WIP for the first time in months as I no longer raid and have time to do things like this! \o/

A few things to point out before you go to town on this, the floating combat text has been disabled. The DPS meter will be tinkered with soon and I plan to download a nameplate addon as soon as the DPS meter is done.

Perhaps you can spot some errors that I was unable to, overall I'm quite happy with it so far.

Sorry for the **** image quality, but it should show everything just fine.
06-01-12, 04:09 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Looks good so far. Two things though. Your castbar isn't really centered and I would find a different way to display those 6 red bars between your player & target frames (not really sure what those are tracking...) as they don't quite fit there. At least not at that width.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-01-12, 04:21 PM   #3
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Looks good so far. Two things though. Your castbar isn't really centered
Yes, I think this is the icon throwing it off. It says it's centered in Quartz but I'll tinker with it.
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I would find a different way to display those 6 red bars between your player & target frames (not really sure what those are tracking...) as they don't quite fit there. At least not at that width.
They're tracking Lightning Shield stacks for Fulmination. Perhaps if I made them stack in 2 rows above the ToT, it'd look better? I'm not sure on where to put them as they're vital. It's a bit hard to just crunch down the width aswell.

I could make the ToT wider (Focus frame is just under it aswell) but it'd look really odd unless I made it thicker aswell, and I don't really want it to be much wider than it is.

What if I just move the stackdisplay upwards to separate it from the unitframes? I believe that might work.
06-02-12, 11:55 AM   #4
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I like it. Very clean and uncluttered. Only thing I would change is decreasing the scale of the red bars and centering them just above my action buttons, But that's a personal preference.
06-02-12, 03:33 PM   #5
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
I like it. Very clean and uncluttered. Only thing I would change is decreasing the scale of the red bars and centering them just above my action buttons, But that's a personal preference.
I do not show actionbuttons? If you mean the totembar (which is a hell to skin, wtf?) then I feel as if that's too far down. This display is vital to my DPS and needs to be in the center with the rest of the vital stuff. :x

EDIT: Those red bars also display stuff like Arcane Blast stacks and Combo Points! But I think I've solved it, I moved them upwards to separate them from the unitframes. That way they look more standalone and not out of place.

Last edited by Wimpface : 06-02-12 at 04:37 PM.
06-03-12, 03:55 AM   #6
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Perhaps a numeric display for Maelstrom procs, etc... (everything you use the "red bars" for) instead of bars which take up more space and look "out of place"?

It's not that they totally look out of place in line with the UF's (which I think look better than in-line), but just different.

Doesn't seem like you'd need 6 bars (or whatever!) in any position vs a number.
06-03-12, 08:13 AM   #7
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Perhaps a numeric display for Maelstrom procs, etc... (everything you use the "red bars" for) instead of bars which take up more space and look "out of place"?

It's not that they totally look out of place in line with the UF's (which I think look better than in-line), but just different.

Doesn't seem like you'd need 6 bars (or whatever!) in any position vs a number.
I tried having a numerical display for a long time, and it doesn't stand out to me enough when it updates. It wasn't as functional for me.
06-05-12, 09:52 AM   #8
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

How about a circle in 6 parts or one icon which changes color and/or complexity?

06-05-12, 09:52 PM   #9
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
How about a circle in 6 parts or one icon which changes color and/or complexity?
The later is very interesting. I'll try that out!
06-19-12, 05:11 AM   #10
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

You could just put them right above your cast bar. They are almost the same width and wouldn't look so out of place, while still being very centered and visible.

/latereply

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Looking for some feedback!