03-02-08, 05:52 AM   #1
DaishoWoW
A Kobold Labourer
Question Chat message queries ????

What i want to do, is make a chat msg hook for whispers so that when a player whispers me "pc [itemlink]" it will return a whisper with various information pulled from my auctioneer AddOn like price etc

I read alot of the WoWAPI from wowwiki but this is all brand new to me. If someone could point me in the right direction of how I would call up info from Auctioneer thats being displayed in my tooltips, and how to place that in a return message?? I thought useing something like craftskill2 to do the trick (make my own !price) would work but inspecting the files it all looks garbled cant make any sense of it.

I do have AutoRespond AddOn. I thought I could make in-game /script commands to place in it as responses but Then also im not sure how to take something a character says and add it to a variable. Im most familiar with BASIC ><

Anyone please give me some direction here?
03-02-08, 03:25 PM   #2
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This two pages are (most of) what you need:

About chat messages:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Hooking_chat_messages

References on the events:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Events_(API)

You'll basically create a function that is applied to a chat message (which basically tests if it matches what you want, and if it does, executes your main function). You will create a frame (which will not be a graphical frame, just an object used to link chat events to your function). You will then register the CHAT_MESSAGE_WHISPER on this frame, and you will use something like MyFrame:SetScript("OnEvent",myfunction). This will basically call "myfunction" whenever the event CHAT_MESSAGE_WHISPER is fired.
03-02-08, 03:55 PM   #3
mrwuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The auctioneer addon already sends back information if you have the feature turned on.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Chat message queries ????