07-26-09, 05:33 PM   #1
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle...

Does anyone think mazzle will ever be reborn?

Or maybe something completely new, but the mazzle idea will come along? Like a UI that looks awesome and can pretty much set itself up.

I was just looking around WOWI and saw it and felt nostalgia, wondered this myself, thought I would ask.
07-26-09, 05:52 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't think at this point that Mazzle will be completely reborn. Although I'm sure somewhere in the world, some user has modified it and made it work for them at least.

nUI is the closest replacement to Mazzle for me at least. Zero setup, customization is very possible and is partly built in, the Author is very active both in updating/changing/optimizing his code and also listening to the feedback provided by his addon's userbase. The overall support group from the user's is also incredible.

I'm definitely a proud user and supporter of it though.

The only other UI I'm aware of that is similar in the zero setup dept is Spartan. I used it for a bit, but wasn't really thrilled with how it was laid out for Unit frames and button configs.

nUI Link: http://www.nuiaddon.com (It is also hosted here, and forums are here too)
SpartanUI Link: http://www.spartanui.com/
07-26-09, 06:10 PM   #3
Gristadar
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Arkiveui is 1 that very similiar to mazzle and has an in game setup
07-26-09, 06:10 PM   #4
lingering
A Cliff Giant

yea mazzle is well dead, Nui or ArkiveUI are the closed and coolest.
07-26-09, 06:15 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I don't think at this point that Mazzle will be completely reborn. Although I'm sure somewhere in the world, some user has modified it and made it work for them at least.

nUI is the closest replacement to Mazzle for me at least. Zero setup, customization is very possible and is partly built in, the Author is very active both in updating/changing/optimizing his code and also listening to the feedback provided by his addon's userbase. The overall support group from the user's is also incredible.

I'm definitely a proud user and supporter of it though.

The only other UI I'm aware of that is similar in the zero setup dept is Spartan. I used it for a bit, but wasn't really thrilled with how it was laid out for Unit frames and button configs.

nUI Link: http://www.nuiaddon.com (It is also hosted here, and forums are here too)
SpartanUI Link: http://www.spartanui.com/
What he said! ^^
07-26-09, 06:26 PM   #6
Eas

I'm a user of nUI on my alts, and I have used ArkiveUI in the past. They're all great UI's! I just miss that little gnome setup screen and the character portraits and all the other things few UI's have copied, ya know?

I don't mean this to be like I'm downrating nUI or or ArkiveUI. Like I said, they're awesome and the authors do a great job.
07-26-09, 06:48 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Eas View Post
I'm a user of nUI on my alts, and I have used ArkiveUI in the past. They're all great UI's! I just miss that little gnome setup screen and the character portraits and all the other things few UI's have copied, ya know?

I don't mean this to be like I'm downrating nUI or or ArkiveUI. Like I said, they're awesome and the authors do a great job.
I for one am not taking it like you are downrating at all. Every UI that has been created has been to fit that particular Authors tastes or the User's they are trying to please or even just because someone decided they wanted to look at something new and see if it could be done. Some are successful, some are not.

MazzleUI had a lot of features and the way he was able to weave so many different addons together with such a cool looking and intuitive setup was simply amazing. I don't think even with the large number of talented Authors out there today that we will ever get to see anything quite like it for a long time, if ever again. All that, and most importantly, I miss the Mazzlegasm once it was all setup
07-26-09, 06:52 PM   #8
Eas

All that, and most importantly, I miss the Mazzlegasm once it was all setup
Totally agree. And no one did say i was downrating, I'm just paranoid people will think that.. you know how people are on the interwebs these days.
07-26-09, 06:57 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Eas View Post

That was a very cute thing that Mazzle UI had with the little gnome. I can see why a lot of people really loved it, and miss it.

Nah, you have been extremely polite so I can't see how anyone could take what you've said as being negative about Arkive or nUI.
07-26-09, 07:33 PM   #10
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

-snip-

MazzleUI had a lot of features and the way he was able to weave so many different addons together with such a cool looking and intuitive setup was simply amazing. I don't think even with the large number of talented Authors out there today that we will ever get to see anything quite like it for a long time, if ever again. All that, and most importantly, I miss the Mazzlegasm once it was all setup
I know of one author who was really close to getting it working. I tried helping with positioning and a few functions, but it is just such a tedious and time consuming code to implement all the little things. I don't know if they gave up as I did, but even if it were back to 90% it still had to be approved by Mazzlefizz and follow all the details he wanted.

And to be honest, if MazzleUI were still around with very small time frame of downtime on patches, I probably would never have left WoW... it made the game so much more enjoyable to me. Not because of the Mazzlfier or auto placement of spells or any of the other user friendly things that it did, but because of all of those things... and the community it had, it made WoW a Mazzlegasmic experience, for me. After it broke (became unusable), 90% of my WoW time was playing with addons to try to replicate the fun I had with WoW using MazzleUI... and there's only so much a non-programmer can do to attempt to replicate that, without some serious spare time.

I have a feeling of nostalgia, now, thanks for this topic... it brings back some good memories.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Mazzle...