03-08-08, 08:21 AM   #1
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Flip a status bar

Hello,

Concern: I would like to have a status bar fill from the right to the left.

I thought that it was possible to flip any frame by using "frame:SetPoint()" to put the Right extremity of the frame to the left of its Left extremity, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

I've tried to find an example of a reversed status bar somewhere, but I couldn't find any (I admit I haven't searched deeply, but I don't remember any of my various unit frames addon to have this kind of option).

Currently, I end up with only one solution, which is to use my own frame prototype and to play with textures a bit, which disappoints me quite a lot :<

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you
03-08-08, 08:28 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Code:
function DUF_StatusBar_SetValue(bar, value)
	if (value == 0) then value = .01; end
	value = value / 100;
	if (value > 1) then value = 1; end

if (bar.direction < 3) then
		bar:SetWidth(bar.length * value);
	else
		bar:SetHeight(bar.length * value);
	end

if (bar.direction == 1) then
		bar:SetTexCoord(0, value, 0, 1);
	elseif (bar.direction == 2) then
		bar:SetTexCoord(value, 0, 0, 1);
	elseif (bar.direction == 3) then
		bar:SetTexCoord(0, 1, value, 0);
	elseif (bar.direction == 4) then
		bar:SetTexCoord(0, 1, 0, value);
	end
end
Does that help?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-08-08, 08:31 AM   #3
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Indeed, that helps. I think that it basically means that DUF used their own bars. It probably means that there is no other way :/ I'll be doing that too, then.

Thank you
03-08-08, 08:44 AM   #4
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Couldn't you just have a statusbar you want to show, behind another statusbar and just use the inverse SetValue to show it?
03-08-08, 08:54 AM   #5
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Couldn't you just have a statusbar you want to show, behind another statusbar and just use the inverse SetValue to show it?
You mean using a status bar to hide the "empty" part of my status bar? If that's what you mean, the problem is that the status bar could be on a transparent background.
03-08-08, 10:49 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm confused... You just want it to deplete from left to right instead of right to left, correct? Many unit frame mods do this already. PitBull, agUF, XPerl...

edit: for a screenshot, check out Elloria's latest in the screenshots thread (I just looked at it, so it's in my head).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-08-08, 04:46 PM   #7
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm confused... You just want it to deplete from left to right instead of right to left, correct? Many unit frame mods do this already. PitBull, agUF, XPerl...

edit: for a screenshot, check out Elloria's latest in the screenshots thread (I just looked at it, so it's in my head).
I'm confused too... Pitbull, agUF and Xperl are 3 of the UF addons I've been using the most recently :>
I didn't check for pitbull and xperl that I don't have anymore, but I haven't found this option in my version of agUF (which is probably not up to date, but is still not really old either). But anyway! Ok! I should have checked in more addons.

As a conclusion, I've finally given up. I'm using something that isn't very neat, but it works (I just have a rectangles and I'm settings their widths manually instead of using a "SetValue()" method). It may be slightly more CPU consuming (even if I think not), and it would give bad results if I wanted to add textures that aren't invariant by horizontal translation (shrinking them instead of just not displaying the left part), but I can really live with it

Oh, just if you want to know about what I'm coding:

I think that the aim of the addon is kinda exciting. It's supposed to monitor the delay between your spell casts. From a mage or warlock's point of view, it's already quite nice if you notice that even with Quartz, you still have occasional delays above 0.15 seconds between your casts, as it's roughly 5% of your DPS that is gone. For a shadowpriest (which is the class I am playing), it's even worse:
- You don't want to cast a spell too early and cut a mind flay right before it ticks (but you may want to cast a spell right after mind flay's second tick, and quartz doesn't have an indicator for when the second tick will be)
- Your spells are shorter, so this 0.15sec delay is an even bigger portion of your damage.

So basically, it's something that you can show up all the time right after you've downloaded it, to see if you really have issues and to estimate the kind of DPS boost you could gain by playing better. After that, it could be nice to have a way to run it in the background, with nothing displayed, with a custom-set check that lets you know when you're starting slacking again

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Flip a status bar