03-10-08, 07:26 PM   #1
Spinhalf
A Defias Bandit
Smile Looking for some help with a script

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I'm trying to make assisting a little easier. I generally assign myself 3 assists - a main tank, off tank and main assist. Now I just use 3 macros and edit them before combat. I'm just looking for a one but click solution.

A friend found on the wow forums a script that will work for assigning a single assist:
Code:
/run local m=GetMacroIndexByName("AssistByChoice");local n,i,_,g=GetMacroInfo(m);EditMacro(m,n,i,"/assist "..UnitName("target"),g)
What I'd like to do is use modifier keys to assign 3 assists. So far this is what I have.
Code:
/run local m; f=GetMacroIndexByName if(IsControlKeyDown()) then m=f("AM") elseif(IsAltKeyDown()) then m=f("AO") else m=f("AN") end;local n,i,_,g=GetMacroInfo(m);EditMacro(m,n,i,"/assist "..UnitName("target"),g)
This is one iteration of many that fail. I did get it working with only one IsAltKeyDown to assign just one assist.

Hope this makes sense, and thanks.
03-11-08, 01:45 AM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not quite as strong here as you need me to be, but I feel I should recommend MainAssist which I myself only stumbled upon recently. Check out screenies and a descriptions here (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/2805/) but if you want to test drive it, get it from here (http://files.wowace.com/MainAssist/M...-r48652.28.zip).

Best of luck!
03-12-08, 02:29 PM   #3
Spinhalf
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the links. I'll have a look at it next raid.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Looking for some help with a script