05-22-18, 02:43 PM   #1
dsmania
A Defias Bandit
BNSendGameData to self

I have an scenario where I want to communicate 2 WoW accounts under the same Battle.net account, on different servers and factions.

I've successfully done it using BNSendGameData with different Battle.net accounts, but when I use it with the self presence ID I get an error message:
Code:
"BNSendGameData(id,prefix,text) id must be a game account presence id."
I've read a bit and seems that at some point this would have worked, but in fact
Code:
/run BNSendWhisper(1, "Aaa")
(1 was the self presence ID in that session, /dump BNIsSelf(1) returned true) now returns a chat message saying
Code:
"<my-battle.net-id> is not online."
Any idea on how to communicate information in this scenario?
05-22-18, 06:01 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe due to being a different server and faction it isn't possible. Have you tried characters on the different accounts but in the same faction and/or same server/server group ?
05-29-18, 10:28 AM   #3
dsmania
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Maybe due to being a different server and faction it isn't possible. Have you tried characters on the different accounts but in the same faction and/or same server/server group ?
I have tried communicating with a character of a friend on the opposite different faction and different server and worked just fine. The problem is that you can't communicate with toons on your own account (Battle.net account, I mean, of course you can only log 1 char per WoW account at the same time).

Also, to clarify: BNSendWhisper contrary to what many documentation says, requires a gameToonId, not a presenceId (seems it was changed at some point) and I only found it via BNGetFriendInfoByID that returns nl for yourself.
05-29-18, 02:02 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I found that out while testing my RealID ClassColors addon. I had to change a few lines of code.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » BNSendGameData to self