09-02-10, 04:40 PM   #1
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Need help with Cata

So I'm debugging my addon for Cata, and I've gotten to a point where I've fixed the ones relating to this and self, getglobal, etc, and Bugsack is showing no bugs, yet my addon is still not running. The behavior is still that of a critical error, yet I see nothing either on Bugsack or if I disable Bugsack and use the default UI bug error alert.

What I'm asking for is info on what kind of critical errors would not show up on Bugsack, so I at least know what to be looking for.

(It's a castbar replacement addon, so the main calls involve events and statusbar frames. All the event calls are using the proper format, those showed up in Bugsack).
09-02-10, 04:55 PM   #2
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Critical error as in the game crashes entirely? If you're using the animation system, try not playing the animations. One of the animations I use in _NPCScan always crashed the game when it finished, with this error:
Code:
ERROR #128 (0x85100080) Access Out Of Bounds
Program:	C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft Beta\Wow.exe
Object:	.PAV?$TSList@USIMPLEANIMNODE@@V?$TSGetLink@USIMPLEANIMNODE@@@@@@

index (0xFFFFFFFF), array size (0x00000001)
09-02-10, 05:01 PM   #3
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

Sorry, I meant critical error in that my addon never loads properly, as opposed to a logic error where it works, but not in the way I want.
09-02-10, 06:54 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

If no Lua errors are being triggered, then you have a logic error, not a syntax error, and there's no error handling tool that can help you find it. Either post your code so we can look at it, or add debug prints so you can see what's actually happening when the game loads your addon.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Need help with Cata