04-27-11, 10:25 AM   #1
Ackeghi
A Kobold Labourer
carbonite

I am a relative computer dummy. How do I gt carbonite addon into my wow folder?

04-27-11, 11:23 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ackeghi View Post
I am a relative computer dummy. How do I gt carbonite addon into my wow folder?
Install Help. It's available from every addon page here at WoWI.

Make sure of the location of your WoW folder first, though, because it's probably not the same as listed in the help. If you are using Window's, right click the WoW icon on your desktop, and, in the menu, you can choose to either "Open file location" (which will open the WoW folder directly), or click on "Properties". This will open a "Properties" window, and you want the "Target" location on the "Shortcut" tab. Having this will allow you to navigate to the location if you should wish to do so.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to do this on a MAC.

04-27-11, 01:24 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Mac OS won't screw around with where the WoW folders are. When you install the client, it goes in /Applications/World of Warcraft. The Addons folder is /Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

The simplest way to deal, on a Mac is to open a Finder window, and navigate in that window to /Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface then drag the Addons folder to the "places" menu on the left side of the window. This creates an alias to the Addons folder. Now when you download addons, they go normally into you Downloads folder (which is fine). I created a folder 'addons for wow' (without the quotes) in my Downloads folder. Then when I have downloaded addons to handle, I drag them to the addons for wow folder, then open that folder. Double click on the archive, and it opens, creating a new folder in your addons for wow folder. You may need to open this folder (if so it will typically have a version number in its name) to get at the actual (in this case multiple) addons folder(s), but once you have them, just drag them all to the Addons alias in your places menu. You may get a "there's already a folder of that name, do you want to replace it" message; just say yes. And you're done.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite