08-02-16, 04:22 AM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Quest checking macro

Hi,

I'm looking for a macro to list character names who isn't completed a specific quest ID in my party / raid. Is that posssible?

I have a macro-extending addon so the macro could be longer than default.
08-02-16, 07:00 PM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In general no you cannot do this. There is some information you can get about others and their quests, but if you want to arbitrarily ask a question about someone's completed quest list that will not work.
08-04-16, 03:48 PM   #3
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I talked about group members. It's similar to when a leader asks a specific achievement before inviting someone in the group. I need to know if my party members are all completed a specific quest or not.

A very simple example, I'm inviting for mythic CoS, I'd like to run a script that gives a list who completed the quest which unlocks the instance and/or who did not. Asking them indeed never works and there's always one who can't enter. I don't see where's the arbitrary part in this.

It was just a simple example, checking "if players X,Y,Z have done questID 12345" could be useful in lots of similar situations.

Afaik, group members' achievements can be queried but as you say it's not possible for quests?
08-04-16, 04:33 PM   #4
Mazzop
A Cliff Giant
Maybe there is that API for quests in your Quest Journal (or whatever its called now).
What you want would be possible only if all party members have same addon installed and thru addon communication
08-04-16, 07:58 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Voxxel View Post
Afaik, group members' achievements can be queried but as you say it's not possible for quests?
That is correct. You can query which group members have a quest in their quest log:

IsUnitOnQuestByQuestID(questID, unit)

...but if it's not in their quest log, there's no way for you to tell whether they already completed it or not. If you need to know that, your only recourse is, as Mazzop said, to get them to install an addon that responds to queries from an addon you're running. Considering you're working with strangers invited to a PUG, you're not going to get them to install an addon, so the realistic answer is that what you want is just not possible.
08-05-16, 01:34 AM   #6
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I understand.

Thank you for the replies!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Quest checking macro