07-05-17, 06:47 AM   #1
PsiKoTiK
A Defias Bandit
Question Question about this macro

So I use this macro I found for my Mist Weaver spec. Let's me cast heals on friendly targets and use Blackout Kick, Spinning Crane kick on harmful targets.

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,@mouseover,harm][spec:1]Blackout Kick;[spec:3,@mouseover,harm][spec:3]Blackout Kick;[@mouseover,help][exists,help]Renewing Mist; [@mouseover,harm][exists,harm]Blackout Kick; [@player]Renewing Mist;

I am just curious why the same macro (with the spells changed for the appropriate class) won't work the same on my Priest ? I want to make a macro that lets me Plea on a friendly target but Smite on a harmful one. I've even tried writing it from scratch and it just won't work.

Is there a list of spells that just aren't compatible together in a macro ?
07-05-17, 07:54 AM   #2
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since the macro is evaluated from start to finish, any scenario that is true first will be the outcome of your macro. In the example you posted, the [spec:1] condition will be true whenever you're specced as Disc. Since you just replaced the spells, it should end up trying to cast Smite because it's the first true condition on that list.

That macro seems to have a lot of redundancies for what you're trying to do.
This might not be how you intended it, but this should work for what you're describing:
Code:
[@mouseover,help][@target,help] Plea; -> mouseover or target exists, helpful, cast Plea
[@mouseover,harm][@target,harm] Smite; -> mouseover or target exists, harmful, cast Smite
[@player] Plea; -> else just cast Plea
The macro you posted is intended for use with all three monk specs; cast blackout kick with mouseover priority when you're a windwalker or a brewmaster, otherwise check for friendly mouseover or target first and cast Renewing Mist, then vice versa for enemies and Blackout Kick.

Try this instead:
Code:
/cast [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Plea; [@mouseover,harm][@target,harm] Smite; [@player] Plea;

Last edited by MunkDev : 07-05-17 at 08:10 AM.
07-05-17, 08:16 AM   #3
PsiKoTiK
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the reply. I guess my followup question would be, is there a priority for which spec needs to come first when using [spec]/[talent] conditionals ?

In response to the suggestions above for the Plea/Smite, I got this to work:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm][@targettarget,harm]Smite; [spec:2,@mouseover,exists,help][spec:2]Heal;[spec:1,@mouseover,exists,help][spec:1]Plea;

Works across Disc/Holy pretty well.
07-05-17, 08:31 AM   #4
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by PsiKoTiK View Post
I guess my followup question would be, is there a priority for which spec needs to come first when using [spec]/[talent] conditionals ?
No. The order of your statements matters, but whatever is inside those statements has no effect on when each of them is evaluated.

In the example macro you posted, the boolean logic behind it would be this:
Lua Code:
  1. if [spec:1,@mouseover,harm] or [spec:1] then Blackout Kick
  2. else if [spec:3,@mouseover,harm] or [spec:3] then Blackout Kick
  3. else if [@mouseover,help] or [exists,help] then Renewing Mist
  4. else if [@mouseover,harm] or [exists,harm] then Blackout Kick
  5. else (because @player is always true) Renewing Mist

Last edited by MunkDev : 07-05-17 at 08:35 AM.
07-06-17, 05:27 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It should also be noted help/harm implies exists. It's redundant to specify both in a condition.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Question about this macro