01-14-11, 04:25 PM   #1
''zevoil
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy flashing mini map and map

Hey every time i loggon wow my carbonite map begining to flashing and it wont stop, only if i right click on it. I have to wait a lot of time before it will stop flashing, but if i so relog it will begin to flash again

it's really annoying

02-13-11, 01:57 AM   #2
Rallo66
A Defias Bandit

Same Problem here.

02-13-11, 07:54 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Delete or rename the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files in wtf/account/<account name>/SavedVariables and wtf/account/<account name>/<server name>/<character name>/SavedVariables (while WoW is not running). Login to a toon that was having the problem. Still there?

04-13-11, 06:32 AM   #4
Bman
A Murloc Raider
I tried this, but it didn't work

Edit: I fixed this by disabling TomTom. I dont know if you have it but try disabling it if you have it

Last edited by Bman : 04-13-11 at 06:42 AM.

04-14-11, 10:42 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite actually has a TomTom emulator built in. You can access it by opening Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and then the "General" page. Look for the "Emulate TomTom" option.

You might, also, want to take a look at the Carbonite - FAQ page.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-14-11 at 10:47 AM.

04-18-11, 03:54 PM   #6
lonegreywolf20
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Carbonite actually has a TomTom emulator built in. You can access it by opening Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and then the "General" page. Look for the "Emulate TomTom" option.

You might, also, want to take a look at the Carbonite - FAQ page.
I have tried what you mentioned above and I still get the flashy map in the middle of the Carbonite map.

Anything else that could work?

04-19-11, 07:51 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try running WoW with Carbonite as the only enabled addon. If the problem stops, then it is probably another addon conflicting with Carbonite. The only way to tell which addon it is, is to start with Carbonite (and only Carbonite) enabled, and enable small groups of addons at a time, testing after each group is enabled, until the problem returns. Then go back and disable the last enabled group of addons and start enabling them one at a time (testing after you enable each one) until the problem reappears. That should be the addon that is causing the conflict. Once you know which addon it is, please let the authors for both addons know there is a conflict by posting a bug ticket, and/or posting in the comments section of the addon information page.

If the problem persists with Carbonite as the only enabled addon, then you might want to try this: Go to the "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files there. BE AWARE that doing this will reset your installation of Carbonite, and it will look and act as if you have just installed it for all of the characters' on your account. This is because those files contain all of Carbonites set up information for all of your characters.

04-28-11, 08:32 AM   #8
Chaotic_Dragon
A Defias Bandit
Still Flashing

I have shut off the Tom tom and have NO Addons.
Yet I am still getting the flashing ! marks and all the Ores, Herbs and other Nodes flashing from Carbonite.

Have you any other fixes?
I have tried them all including removing the entire WTF File and having it reset....
This is a Bad thing for some people and need fixing fast Please...

Myself and maybe others are consideing a yearly donation when this issue is fixed I assure you we need Carb to play WOW...(LOL)

04-28-11, 01:25 PM   #9
DJ HottRocks
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Chaotic_Dragon View Post
I have shut off the Tom tom and have NO Addons.
Yet I am still getting the flashing ! marks and all the Ores, Herbs and other Nodes flashing from Carbonite.

Have you any other fixes?
I have tried them all including removing the entire WTF File and having it reset....
This is a Bad thing for some people and need fixing fast Please...

Myself and maybe others are consideing a yearly donation when this issue is fixed I assure you we need Carb to play WOW...(LOL)
This was already addressed in another post about flashing icons in the mini map.

04-28-11, 02:59 PM   #10
Crystallyne
A Fallenroot Satyr
As DJ mentions, I already posted about this issue here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39849

At first I wasn't sure if it was the same problem, but then I saw this:

A temporary fix is listed in my original post, but... Go to Carbonite Options > Map Minimap and where it says "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay" set it to 0 to turn it off, or a higher number to slow down the flashing. I think the default is 0.4.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. And I look forward to a fix!

04-28-11, 04:33 PM   #11
onecrazykid
A Defias Bandit
That quick constant flashing was really bugging me out! The bad part it seems to be an "all or nothing" right now - either everything has to flash, or nothing flashes.

Looking forward to a fix as well

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » flashing mini map and map