01-05-06, 02:32 PM   #1
Djagamoone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ChatBar or Macrobar Request

So, I find myself stuck in a world without Supermacro, and I am sad.
I need more macros...but from what I have read, this is not longer possible unless someone comes up with a revolutionary idea on how to do it...so...

Most of my macros were chat macros...A good majority of them were either Roleplaying oriented, or raid leader oriented. So what would be really cool is if someone could come up with a mod that would allow us to store about 30 different chat commands onto a new bar, independant of the 120 action buttons...

As far as I can figure this would essentially consist of 2 parts. 1 : The UI that you see as you are playing which has all of the buttons, and 2 : A Config window for typing in all the various chat commands, selecting which channels it will go in, etc.

1 : The ChatBar
-This should be scaleable somehow, and maybe even cabaple of setting # of colums, and rows...

2 : The Config Panel
-This I see as basically a long list (probably with an up/down scrollbar) with check boxes, text fields, and a way to assign an icon for each of the buttons that will appear on the chatbar.
-What is of particular importance to me is that it be capable of making use of the /rs command in CTRaid Assist.
-I would think it would lay out kinda like this :
0:Say | 0:Raid | 0:Yell | 0:Guild | 0:Party | 0:RS | Text : Message goes here | ICON
-If this could be handled to allow for scripting as well, that would be awesome. Though I don't know much, I know how to do things like Hide my cloak and Hide my hat, and other things like that...as well as call functions to things like ItemRack to load equipment sets...This would essentially make it an unlimited macro kinda thing....

3 : The one other feature that would be awesome would be to have sets that the user can save/load depending on which set of chats he wants to have in the bar. So when I goto MC I can have my MC raid commands !!!LOOT THE DAMN COREHOUND!!!, and in ZG, my ZG raid commands !!!GET OUT OF MELEE, SHE'S GONNA 'SPLODE!!!

So essentially what I am wondering is if it is possible for us to basically create our own macro addon. Something as simple as only able to process chat commands would be fine, but allowing scripting, and thus augmenting the existing macro set would help as well.

I am totally willing to test this, and can even host beta versions of it if needed...

thanks!!

Last edited by Djagamoone : 01-05-06 at 02:34 PM. Reason: better title

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » ChatBar or Macrobar Request