04-06-13, 04:40 AM   #1
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
How to create a Template using lua?

Hi there guys.

Pretty much every guide i read and learned includes XML, however nowadays everyone prefers/recommends using lua only.

Creating a Template i XML is rather simple, however i would like to learn how to create one in lua.. I searched the web abit but couldn't seem to find any guides on how to do so. Can anyone give me an example of a Template made with lua.. Ty
04-06-13, 05:05 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Hi there guys.

Pretty much every guide i read and learned includes XML, however nowadays everyone prefers/recommends using lua only.

Creating a Template i XML is rather simple, however i would like to learn how to create one in lua.. I searched the web abit but couldn't seem to find any guides on how to do so. Can anyone give me an example of a Template made with lua.. Ty
I dont think you can do it atm.
04-06-13, 05:19 AM   #3
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I dont think you can do it atm.
So templates is XML only?

Well it was worth the try.. then imma stick to creating frames etc in lua and keep the xml file as low as possible by only creating templates in xml.
04-06-13, 05:27 AM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
So templates is XML only?

Well it was worth the try.. then imma stick to creating frames etc in lua and keep the xml file as low as possible by only creating templates in xml.
Also you have to create the inhertited frame/button which points to the template in xml too.
04-06-13, 05:31 AM   #5
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Also you have to create the inhertited frame/button which points to the template in xml too.
True that is!

Creating Templates in XML is easy anyways, but for longer codes i think XML gets really messy and adding comments (<!-- xxx -->) in XML doesn't seem to make it more readable to me.
04-06-13, 05:38 AM   #6
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
True that is!

Creating Templates in XML is easy anyways, but for longer codes i think XML gets really messy and adding comments (<!-- xxx -->) in XML doesn't seem to make it more readable to me.
True that, i recently formatted a 4000+ line xml file, was fun, but at the end i could do it with closed eyes too. Some addons even use 14000-15000+ line xml codes too.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to create a Template using lua?