Quantcast Map opens instead of Quest - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-24-18, 08:32 PM   #1
digitalwonder
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
Map opens instead of Quest

Anytime Carbonite(alpha version for 8.0) is active whether it is active by itself or amongst other addons, it opens the Carbonite map instead of the Quest Log. I have reset my key bindings & deleted all of Carbonite before reinstalling it. I have tested the same in the beta (I know, not exactly compatible)
  Reply With Quote
07-25-18, 12:58 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by digitalwonder View Post
Anytime Carbonite(alpha version for 8.0) is active whether it is active by itself or amongst other addons, it opens the Carbonite map instead of the Quest Log. I have reset my key bindings & deleted all of Carbonite before reinstalling it. I have tested the same in the beta (I know, not exactly compatible)
Please update too latest alpha.
  Reply With Quote
07-25-18, 06:57 PM   #3
digitalwonder
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
I did this. I even went as far as reinstalling the game whereas the game folders were then deleted. I used the github version after using the alpha version from curse. When I tested with the latest from github, it was the only addon installed.
  Reply With Quote
07-25-18, 08:41 PM   #4
digitalwonder
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
update: if I enable Carbonite Quest or any other quest addon, the quest log will appear normally. However, if I use carbonite & Carbonite Quest, then the map will show on the first keypress then on the second, it will close(as normal) and will finally open correctly on the 3rd keypress. I never bothered to re-enable Carbonite Quest since it was mentioned that the Map was the main focus
  Reply With Quote
07-25-18, 11:24 PM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by digitalwonder View Post
update: if I enable Carbonite Quest or any other quest addon, the quest log will appear normally. However, if I use carbonite & Carbonite Quest, then the map will show on the first keypress then on the second, it will close(as normal) and will finally open correctly on the 3rd keypress. I never bothered to re-enable Carbonite Quest since it was mentioned that the Map was the main focus
Allready fixed.
  Reply With Quote
07-30-18, 11:32 PM   #6
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
I uninstalled Carbonite Maps completely, installed the latest alpha today, and disabled all other addons. It's still loading the map for me instead of the Quests.
  Reply With Quote
07-31-18, 01:52 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 View Post
I uninstalled Carbonite Maps completely, installed the latest alpha today, and disabled all other addons. It's still loading the map for me instead of the Quests.
Update Quests module also to Alpha version then check if alt+L shows Carbonite Quests log if yes then change it in Carbonite Quests module options.
  Reply With Quote
07-31-18, 08:08 PM   #8
Svegan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
 
Svegan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 99
Changing twitch to get Alphas

On all the addons I run, including Carbonite, I have gone into the options for each addon, by right clicking the addon name, and change the release type to Alpha. Once I did that, a lot of my addons updated to 8.01 and started working, including carbonite. Hope this helps
  Reply With Quote
08-01-18, 10:19 PM   #9
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Update Quests module also to Alpha version then check if alt+L shows Carbonite Quests log if yes then change it in Carbonite Quests module options.
Had previously been running the Alpha releases. But the latest fixed it for me today.

Thank you kindly.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Map opens instead of Quest

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off