11-19-07, 12:26 AM   #1
Muqq
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spartan UI (Fan's Update)

Available Here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=7860

I have been a fan of SUI since I first saw it, and can't live without it.
Since 2.2 SUI has had major issues, and Ansu has shown no sign of updating the current version.

This package is an updated/slightly modified version of SUI 2.0.

If anybody has any issues, feel free to post and I'll try to help the best I can.
Muqq -- Dragonmaw

NOTE: There are several errors that will show up.
I would recommend muting Bugsack. (Right click on Bugsack on Fubar and click Mute)

At some point, you may have realized that within the myriad of mod, bag, button and raid windows... your viewing space is a little hole somewhere in the middle. And while there are other interface mods out there that will reduce your interface to nothing but a pinhole, you can’t help but wish there was an interface that just fit WoW in the first place. One that looked like it was made for the game from the get-go. Here is your answer.

Built from scratch, SpartanUI was designed to “free your screen,” and unlike other mods, it looks like it actually belongs to the World of Warcraft. Unlike other mods, with the included SpartanUI Mod, setup is a breeze since the many contributing mods that help make up the UI are automatically setup for you.

Visit SpartanUI.com for more information

Installing

Please watch the Installing SpartanUI Video for a visual walkthrough of the following instructions.

Step 1: After downloading it, you will be presented with 2 folders. The contents of the "AddOns" folder goes into your AddOns folder (World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/). The contents of the "SavedVariables" folder goes into your account SavedVariables folder (World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT/SavedVariables).

If it asks you to replace any files, do so. Now you can launch the game and make sure that the new mods are being loaded by clicking "AddOns" and selecting "Load out of date AddOns."

Step 2: While in-game, type /spartanui, or /sui. Voila! UI is setup, and you're almost done.

Step 3: Type /ct and load the Spartan profiles from the "Import Settings" panel.

Supported screen ratios:
1.33:1 (i.e., 1024x768, 1600x1200, etc.. or 4x3)
1.25:1 (i.e., 1280x1024 or 5x4) - New!
1.49:1 (i.e., 1280x854 or ~6x4)
1.5:1 (i.e., 1440x960 or 3x2)
1.6:1 (i.e., 1680x1050 or 16x10)
1.66:1 (i.e., 1280x768 or 16x9.6) - New!
1.78:1 (i.e., 1600x900 or 16x9)

ChangeLog:

v1.1
- added profiles for 1.25:1 (i.e., 1280x1024) and 1.66:1 (i.e., 1280x768)
- added Combo Points and created new artwork for orbs & background (Rogues celebrate!)
- added levels to party members
- added Reputation Bar text, mirroring style of XP Bar text
- improved ability to target/select party members, pet, target-of-target, self, and target
- replaced TitanPanel with FuBar (this is very good)
- fixed a typo that prevented 3x2 screen ratios from loading properly
- fixed button bar location errors created by Bartender3 when shifting UI Scale
- improved readability of low-ratio resolutions (basicly any resolution lower than 1280x)
03-25-08, 04:02 AM   #2
Medri
A Defias Bandit
The ui seems not working correctly after using the /sui command... ( see screen below )
Mostly you can change everything with drag'n'drop, but it doesn't last there after a relog... discord unitframes isn't working at all for me...

Screen: http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8110644sg5.jpg

Last edited by Medri : 03-25-08 at 04:56 AM.
01-25-11, 04:41 PM   #3
farafox
A Defias Bandit

Bartender bars not showing up after update

We updated with the recent release and for some reason none of the bartender bars are showing up and most of the options are gone. Just thought you'd like to know
01-25-11, 07:14 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you use the above linked (discontinued and almost 3 yr old) version of the UI or the current Fan Update?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-25-11, 08:08 PM   #5
farafox
A Defias Bandit

Yeah we downloaded the updated fan update version of this addon. We went back to the previous version of the fan update because of those problems.
03-01-12, 04:35 AM   #6
Vaebris
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hey guys,

I've taken over the fan update for SpartanUI located at

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anUI.html#info

It's still under development and there's been several bug fixes and a couple enhancements. It's currently in beta, but it shouldn't give you any issues. I'm trying to get into contact with the original author to see if I can officially take over the project. I have a phone number for him I'm going to try to call tomorrow. I've dropped the Fan update from the name, because it's a dead project and it's really worth keeping alive.

In the version up for download you'll notice the chat frame buttons are missing. If you have to have them you can pull from the v2.6.3-beta-dev branch that's in the github repo listed on the site.

Also, feel free to submit any bugs you find in the version you download from the wowinterface.com page or from github. Please don't submit bug reports for other versions. If there's something you're wanting to see added in please submit a feature request through github.

Best Regards,
Vaebris
03-23-12, 03:52 AM   #7
Squidbeard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is excellent news!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Spartan UI (Fan's Update)