Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-05-18, 08:14 PM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hardware Recommendations

Yes, another what build should I make post (sort of). I don't really do any serious gaming other than WoW, Diablo, Star Craft, LoL and maybe a few others in the same type of game. Rather than burn money and buy the latest fanciest CPU/GPU, I thought I might buy smart. While it is impossible to future proof hardware, I'd like to buy with an option to upgrade down the road. I typically hang on to hardware till it breaks or is near obsolete (usually due my being broke most of the time ).

WoW is primarily CPU intensive, but that does not mean ignore the GPU. I've read threads where the poster recommends a single core i3 over a multi-core i5 or i7! This community is pretty reasonable and well experienced with WoW and other games, so I'd appreciate thoughts on motherboard/CPU/GPU. I will probably use 16gb of ram and an SSD for all my games (maybe just one SSD for everything).

One last question, monitors. What is everyone using? Is a 4k monitor worth it since WoW is not 4k. What about latency? 1ms or is 5ms fine?

Oh, I don't raid or really run many instances due to being not being in an active guild. That could change.

Thanks as always!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Hardware Recommendations