01-20-10, 04:57 PM   #1
mikegonzalez2k
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb Unable to use Expanded Map during fights

While I like some features of Carbonite, I prefer Blizzard's actual map to Carbonites. However there are some issues if you use it with Carbonite.

First of all to use Blizzard's Map you have to go to

Menu -> Options -> Map

Then uncheck the first option.

"Maximize Carbonite Map instead of opening normal map"

Doing this I can now see my map using Cartographer and Gatherer.
I can hit 'm' to toggle the map on and off. However, during fights the map DOES NOT TOGGLE.

For example, Im riding on my mount with the map open.
Suddenly a mob attacks. Now I can't close the map so I can't see what I'm doing and I die.

I have disabled all other addons and believe this to be an issue with how carbonite controls the toggle of the map. In fights this command is somehow disabled.

I noticed that when Carbonite is configured as the primary map it works fine. Also, the player triangle seems to highlight red during a fight. I'm wondering if the issue is within that subroutine.

If anyhow knows how to toggle the NORMAL MAP during a fight, please let me know.

01-20-10, 05:38 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can, if you wish to, leave that first option for Carbonite checked. Go to the default Blizzard key bindings, and in the Carbonite section you can set a key bind (I use "alt + m") to open the Blizzard map (I think it's says "Open original map", or something to that effect). That way when you hit "M" the Carbonite maximized map will open, but if you hit your key binding, the Blizzard map will open.

Also, as far as I can tell, with Carbonite's map as long as the "Hide in combat" check box is not used the Carbonite map stays open during combat. Obviously, though, checking it will force it to close during combat. I have absolutely no idea how you would get the Blizzard map to use this behavior.

"I have disabled all other addons and believe this to be an issue with how carbonite controls the toggle of the map. In fights this command is somehow disabled."

But have you tried this with Carbonite disabled? That is the only way you can get an accurate answer. Try disabling ALL addons and see if the same thing happens.

01-26-10, 05:30 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you press M, Carbonite checks if the Alt key is pressed and opens the Blizzard world map instead, so you don't actually have to set the keybinding unless you want another key combination. The "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map" option does the same thing as holding down the Alt key when pressing M. I tried that it with that option on and Alt during combat and the Blizzard map closed and opened fine.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Unable to use Expanded Map during fights