09-08-06, 11:03 PM   #61
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Josephine
Thank you Auren. Seems to do what I want it to do.
Np, its quite easy for simple things like this, just do a quick search on events and api on wowwiki or w/e it was and u can pull off some stuff.

Does it show when you enter big cities?
I could only try entering and exiting goldshire inn.
09-09-06, 01:56 AM   #62
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am trying to check if a debuff is active on my target.
UNIT_AURA or UNIT_AURASTATE seem to be the the right ones, but I cannot set up the right script...
09-09-06, 03:38 AM   #63
foxpur
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by OttoDestruct
I tried that code and it gave me an error. In class right now, but I'll edit this later once I can get home and see the exact thing.
Druid shape change try 3:

Gonna try:

Code:
If GetShapeshiftFormInfo() = 3 then
   BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, GetBonusBarOffset())
else
   BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(1,3)
otherwise I might try

Code:
else if GetShapeshiftFormInfo() = 1 then
in which case that could solve the Moonkin form issue
09-09-06, 09:21 AM   #64
foxpur
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by foxpur
Druid shape change try 3:

Gonna try:

Code:
else
otherwise I might try

Code:
else if GetShapeshiftFormInfo() = 1 then
in which case that could solve the Moonkin form issue

Ok, follow up...

I tried this and I get a scripting error that a ] was expected someplace and I really have no clue where. This is not good that the conceptual coding avialable is soo weak...

We need this resolved for Druids to play or pretty much you might as well say that Bongos just isn't useable efficiently by Druids.
09-09-06, 11:57 AM   #65
shzin
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by blake7
Is there an event that can capture KeyDown/KeyUp information? That is the only bit of Flexbar functionality that I still need to switch to Bongos. In Flexbar there are predefined key binding events that can be assigned through the default key binding interface.

I need the equivalent of the following:
  1. Press and hold a key defined through key binding.
  2. Switch certain bars (this part is easy through the BActionBar methods).
  3. Release the defined key.
  4. Switch bars back to what they were before the key was pressed (again doable with BActionBar methods).
Any thoughts on how do this currently? Or is there a chance we could get some key events to check for and bind through the key binding interface?
I also need this functionality to ditch Discord for Bongos. I have a 12 button bar that is bound to certain keys, when i hold down shift it switches to page 2 and changes all the bindings to Shift + (the original key). when i release shift it goes back to page 1. this is really easy to do in Discort with the ShiftKeyDown condition, i just set the response to be "change to page X" and "apply keybing group Y". any idea how i can do this in Bongos? thanks for the awesome addon by the way.

edit:
i guess i dont have to use pages, i could bind all my main abilities to bar1 and the alternate spells to bar 2 using Shift+(bar 1 key), but how do i get bar 2 to replace bar 1 when i hold Shift down and go back to bar 1 when i release?

Last edited by shzin : 09-09-06 at 12:03 PM.
09-11-06, 03:47 PM   #66
hopfork
A Defias Bandit
How can I check to see if i have a soulstone, summon one if I don't, and apply it if I do?

I was thinking of using two bars and just overlapping them then hiding 1 if a soulstone is detected and hiding the other if it isn't. However, I don't know how to detect if the soulstone is present.

any ideas?
09-11-06, 04:37 PM   #67
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i guess i dont have to use pages, i could bind all my main abilities to bar1 and the alternate spells to bar 2 using Shift+(bar 1 key), but how do i get bar 2 to replace bar 1 when i hold Shift down and go back to bar 1 when i release?
Try using PageOnPress
I think there's a similar addon on this website too, NWN Bar?

How can I check to see if i have a soulstone, summon one if I don't, and apply it if I do?
This is a macro question, and one I don't know how to do easily.
09-16-06, 01:43 AM   #68
shaboom
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Tuller, I've been using Bongos for a while now (great bar mod btw) and as I'm currently redesigning my UI I thought I'd try out the scripting of bars. I've run into a problem straight away though....

I tried the "get bar 1 to hide with no target" script and although it hide the bar with nothing targeted, I couldnt get the bar to show again once I had a target. Nor would the bar reappear when I was in stealth

I'm using Perl Classic Unitframes, could that have something to do with it? If not any further ideas?

I'd also like to be able to have a bar or maybe even individual buttons that only became visable when the skills on it/them were on cooldown, can this be done?

As You can see I'm a nub at stuff like this so any help would be appreciated

Last edited by shaboom : 09-16-06 at 01:46 AM.
09-17-06, 04:48 PM   #69
Tuller

I tried the "get bar 1 to hide with no target" script and although it hide the bar with nothing targeted, I couldnt get the bar to show again once I had a target. Nor would the bar reappear when I was in stealth
This script?
Code:
bar:    1
event:   PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED
action:
if UnitExists("target") then
    bar:Show()
else
    bar:Hide()
end
Run at Load:  Checked
I swore that was the script I used to test scripting when writing the thing, but it should work.
09-18-06, 04:35 PM   #70
Dreagnon
A Murloc Raider
Hi,
I have more or less a basic question:
I want to toggle one additional button together with the pet bar.
I had before flexbar with the commands gainpet and losepet to show/hide it, but in the Events is only a PET_BAR_UPDATE and I don't know how to script it

Thanx
Dreagnon
09-19-06, 10:51 AM   #71
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, For my warrior would this change bar 2, to bar 3 only when im in Defensive stance, and chang back to bar 2 when in battle/zerk stance ?

If GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2) then
else
BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(2,1)
09-21-06, 04:13 AM   #72
Namtabmai
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, I guess I'm another person looking to switch away from flexbar to bongos.
I use flexbars to create a representation of my keyboard, so I have a 4x4 block of icons that are mapped to a 4x4 part of the keyboard. I have this 4x4 block change depending if I'm stealthed or not but the key binding remain the same.

For example the top right icon would be mapped to 'T' and unstealthed would be Kick and stealthed would be Garrote.

Is this sort of functionality available in bongos? If so which options should I be looking at?
09-23-06, 08:42 AM   #73
Hety
A Defias Bandit
Hey.

I just got my Zandalarian Hero Charm and plan to using it the problem is that i always miss the time cooldown expires. What i want to do is to put on BIG button the middle of screen that will show when the timer expires and hide when it on CD again.

I made a bar with 1 button on it(bar number 5).

And started with eay thing. Disabling Bar when CD starts.
Code:
bar: 5
event: ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN
action:
if bar:IsShown() then
else
end

ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN should trigger every time CDstarts or stops on bar. Then if the bar is shown(default) it will be hidden(licked talisman, got buff, waiting for CD). Then when CD ends if the bar is hidden it will be shown.

Still this one does not work. The bar does not even diappear. Any ideas?
09-23-06, 11:01 AM   #74
Tuller

I had before flexbar with the commands gainpet and losepet to show/hide it, but in the Events is only a PET_BAR_UPDATE and I don't know how to script it
Code:
if UnitExists("pet") then
show bar
else
hide bar
end
Originally Posted by Siven
So, For my warrior would this change bar 2, to bar 3 only when im in Defensive stance, and chang back to bar 2 when in battle/zerk stance ?
Code:
If GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2) then
else
   BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(2,0)
end
That should be the right code.

Code:
bar:    5
action:
else
end
That event is triggered whenever a cooldown on any bar changes. You can then check if a cooldown is up for a given button by using the function GetActionCooldown(slot). You can figure out what slot is by checking the name of the button in the keybindings menu. It'll be the number part

I have this 4x4 block change depending if I'm stealthed or not but the key binding remain the same. Is this sort of functionality available in bongos? If so which options should I be looking at?
You shouldn't require scripting for doing this for just the first actionbar, as it should already change when stealthing. Change the number of bars so that the max size for the first one will be 16. I should make the sizing option a bit more intuitive than it is.

Last edited by Tuller : 09-23-06 at 11:05 AM.
09-23-06, 11:38 AM   #75
Hety
A Defias Bandit
I did few tests with ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN. It triggers when CDstarts. But it does not when it ends. So dont .._UPDATE_STATE and .._UPDATE_USABLE. What event should be there to triggerat end of CD?
09-23-06, 11:41 AM   #76
behkat
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Hety
Code:
bar: 5
action:
else
end
I'm trying to do the same thing for my cooldown spells and what I've discovered is that ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN isn't fired when the cooldown ends. I haven't yet found an event that is, so I think I'll have to build an OnUpdate handler for the bar to check the cooldown state.
09-23-06, 02:43 PM   #77
schmoli
A Kobold Labourer
I'm trying to get a mouseover script on bar6 and it's just not working.

Bar: 6
Event: MouseIsOver
if (MouseIsOver(BBar.IDToBar(6))) then
BBar.SetAlpha(bar, 1)
else
BBar.SetAlpha(bar, 0)
end

i'm thinking it's my event or something? if i swap the 1 and the 0, it will make the alpha 0 immediately, it's just not making it show on hover.
09-24-06, 03:01 AM   #78
elvenn
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

EDIT: ok i fixed my code. SuperMacro mod was causing it not to work.

Code:
BAR:3
EVENT: UPDATE_BONUS_ACTIONBAR
if GetBonusBarOffset() == 1 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 2)
elseif GetBonusBarOffset() == 2 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 0)
elseif GetBonusBarOffset() == 3 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 6) end
RUN AT LOAD: Checked

BAR:4
EVENT: UPDATE_BONUS_ACTIONBAR
if GetBonusBarOffset() == 1 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 2)
elseif GetBonusBarOffset() == 2 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 0)
elseif GetBonusBarOffset() == 3 then BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 6) end
RUN AT LOAD: Checked

what i want to happen is

enter defensive stance:
bar3 offsets to self
bar4 offsets to self

enter battle stance:
bar3 offsets to 5
bar4 offsets to 6

enter berserker stance:
bar3 offsets to 9
bar4 offsets to 10

Last edited by elvenn : 09-24-06 at 06:06 AM.
09-24-06, 04:52 AM   #79
Grumpey
A Murloc Raider
I got this to work on my druid this morning to change bars when I went to cat form.

Instead of Player Aura's, I changed to UPDATE_BONUS_ACTIONBAR for the event

_,_,active = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3)

if (( active == 1 )) then
BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(2,1)
else
BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(2,0)
end
09-24-06, 07:59 AM   #80
keltren
A Kobold Labourer
Hya,
I'm pretty new to all this but first off I have to say that I really like bongos :-)

Right now I'm trying to get a script to work for my hunter, the idea is to have the "Mongoose Bite" Button pop up when it becomes usable.

Bar: 6
Event: SPELL_UPDATE_USABLE
Action:
if IsUsableAction(61) then
else
end

Run at Load:checked

This basically seems to work (the button does indeed pop up), but it remains visible even after clicking it (until about 3/4 through it's cooldown, when it disapears)
Any ideas how to work around this? Maybe I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here...I'm still a complete noob at this ;-)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Bongos - Scripting