05-05-17, 06:38 AM   #1
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Order hall bar resize addon

I am looking for an addon that allows you to modify the order hall bar.

I noticed in MerathilisUI http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=24117#info that the order hall bar width is shorter and it all stays on the left of the screen.....and i love it.

Does anyone know if there is an orderhall bar addon that does that?

I tried the UI itself, but am not keen on a lot of the changes and would just like the order hall bar change.

Last edited by Siven : 05-05-17 at 07:40 AM.
05-05-17, 12:46 PM   #2
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know of a number that hide it, letting you replace it with something more to your liking. The closest thing to your request that I could find (not that it was an exhaustive search) was the following:

Broker Order Hall Command Bar : This addon hides the bar and gives you a libDataBroker display of the information. This prevents UI elements from being shifted around, which is always a good thing.

I'd be surprised if that UI shortened the bar rather than just re-create its look-and-feel. I don't think it's a terribly difficult endeavor in-and-of-itself, but there are always extra considerations when making an addon vs just coding it for self-use. If you're really, really, extra-special-really tied to the look-and-feel-just-tinier aspect of it, I might be persuaded to knock it up, if someone doesn't already know of an existing one.
05-14-17, 05:36 PM   #3
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tried out Broker Order Hall Command Bar.

Quite liked it, but it has no options and so it always shows "OHCB Special troops" as text all the time even for characters who dont have them selected.

Otherwise it would do the job nicely.
05-14-17, 06:35 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Usually that is controlled by the data broker display you are using.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-15-17, 08:21 AM   #5
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Usually that is controlled by the data broker display you are using.
Usually yeah, ive tried them all, clicking, shift clicking etc etc. and you cant change that with any of them.

Shame really.
05-15-17, 02:08 PM   #6
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Siven View Post
Usually yeah, ive tried them all, clicking, shift clicking etc etc. and you cant change that with any of them.
You misunderstand: You're using an addon to display DataBroker objects (Fortress, Chocolate Bar, et al) and within that addon you should be able to enable/disable individual DataBroker objects on a per-char basis. Each of the elements within 'Broker Order Hall Command Bar' is added as a separate dataobject so you can disable the special troops from displaying on chars that don't use those troops.
05-15-17, 02:45 PM   #7
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
You misunderstand: You're using an addon to display DataBroker objects (Fortress, Chocolate Bar, et al) and within that addon you should be able to enable/disable individual DataBroker objects on a per-char basis. Each of the elements within 'Broker Order Hall Command Bar' is added as a separate dataobject so you can disable the special troops from displaying on chars that don't use those troops.
Didnt misunderstand at all.

Just didnt type my reply right i guess. I know how databroker addons and their options with each plugin work.

The ONLY option the addon has available on ANY databroker addon (chocolatebar, bazooka etc) is do enable the blizzard order hall bar.

There are NO option, either through the addon or through any databroker addon that allows you to enable/disable any of its other elements.

Its a shame too, as it would have been perfect for me.
05-15-17, 08:51 PM   #8
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Well phoey. I can tell you which line of its code to rem out to nix the specials but it'd do it for all chars.

I may have something for you to look at, should you be interested, in a day or two -- thought I'd take an approach to this to clear my head of another project I'm consulting on.
05-18-17, 10:29 AM   #9
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
Well phoey. I can tell you which line of its code to rem out to nix the specials but it'd do it for all chars.

I may have something for you to look at, should you be interested, in a day or two -- thought I'd take an approach to this to clear my head of another project I'm consulting on.
You have me intrigued.
05-18-17, 01:27 PM   #10
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Siven View Post
You have me intrigued.
You should have a link to a beta in your inbox.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Order hall bar resize addon