01-02-09, 11:06 PM   #1
Shugotenshi
A Murloc Raider
Question Severe Addons Issues

So I have two WoW accounts. On one of them, all of my addons worked perfectly. On the other, my addons worked well on every server but Windrunner, which is where my main is located. I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated all of my addons, including Omen, Carbonite and Titan Panel. I restarted the game, and it was showing me the old versions of ALL of my addons, but loading them on the first account, but not the second. I restarted my computer. Uninstalled, reinstalled and restarted my computer again.

Can anyone help me? I know they're in the correct folders, since they work on my other account. I dunno what to do and GM's take forever to talk to =(
01-03-09, 12:41 AM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You have two account so I can assume a couple things.

You Dual log?
You installed on two different computers?
You use one install and change logins to play different account? (Why?)

Seeing how it works on one account and not the other I am going to assume you use option 1 or 2.

Do you use Vista??

If so check to make sure the addons are in the PUBLIC folder where WoW was moved to in a recent patch. If the addons are not in there then there not installed correctly.
01-03-09, 10:52 AM   #3
Shugotenshi
A Murloc Raider
I totally forgot that they moved it to a public folder! I dual log, usually, but I did install them on two different computers. I moved them to the public folder and it works now. Thanks for your help!
01-03-09, 11:10 AM   #4
Shugotenshi
A Murloc Raider
So everything works but Carbonite. I can't get that to work to save my life. It's in the right spot, and it loads for one account but not the other. I click it to enable it, and it disables it as soon as I log in.
01-03-09, 11:54 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shugotenshi View Post
So everything works but Carbonite. I can't get that to work to save my life. It's in the right spot, and it loads for one account but not the other. I click it to enable it, and it disables it as soon as I log in.

Do you have a second Carbonite account for the second WoW account? Or are you using the free Carbonite Quest? I'm thinking the paid version would require you to have a second Carbonite account as one account can't be used on two WoW accounts (mind you, I'm guessing). (Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but you were not clear on weather or not you had 2 Carbonite accounts).

Last edited by Petrah : 01-03-09 at 11:59 AM.
01-03-09, 12:07 PM   #6
Shugotenshi
A Murloc Raider
I'm using the free version on both accounts.
01-04-09, 03:09 AM   #7
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
If your using Carbonite Quest the free version found here I don't see why you would get that message seeing how the free questing only version from here does not have a timer in it.

Just in case though try deleting (I suggest a back up just in case. The reason is because this saves settings, nodes you gathered, quest info ... etc.) the saved variables for Carbonite. You can find them under WTF\Account\ - ACCT NAME - \ - REALM NAME - \ - CHAR NAME - \SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua (and carbonite.lua.bak as well). Delete these for each character that is having problems.

If deleting doesn't do the trick I don't know what to tell you.

If you are using the paid version from http://www.carboniteaddon.com/ then you need to log into the account that you signed up for to use with the addon. Once you do that then all characters on that account can use it.

In order to use Carbonite on another account then you will need to buy a other subscription.
01-04-09, 01:51 PM   #8
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
In order to use Carbonite on another account then you will need to buy a other subscription.
As far as I can tell, you only need one subscription to use the paid version of Carbonite across accounts.

Here's the link to the official Carbonite forums on how to activate across multiple accounts using one paid copy. http://www.carboniteaddon.com/cs/forums/t/1847.aspx
01-04-09, 02:30 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by TekNoir View Post
As far as I can tell, you only need one subscription to use the paid version of Carbonite across accounts.

Here's the link to the official Carbonite forums on how to activate across multiple accounts using one paid copy. http://www.carboniteaddon.com/cs/forums/t/1847.aspx
Ahh I see ... I thought I had read that this was not allowed. Maybe that was in the early stages of Carbonite. Who knows.
01-04-09, 04:09 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TekNoir View Post

w00t! I always wondered about that, but never spent time to look for an answer since I only have one WoW account. Now I can answer that if the question ever pops up. Thanks for posting that!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Severe Addons Issues