12-21-09, 04:45 PM   #1
Aarthas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A Must Have

I tried using nUI standalone in terms of functionality of play for 2 weeks and I couldn't get over the lack of customization of the combat information. I know Scott is working on that for nUI 6, but I would like to offer to people what to me is a must have with nUI at this stage. The addon is called TellMeWhen.

It's very simple. It gives you box frames that are sizeable and can be moved anywhere. Within each box you can monitor any debuff/buff on you or on your target. It is completely customizable as to what it will watch for. You just need to provide the name of the buff/debuff and whether to watch you or your target for it.

This allows you to customize your nUI interface for any class as procs change greatly from one to another. For instance, on my paladin I would need to know right away in front of my face (not looking through a line of buffs) when 'art of war' has proced. However, on my frost specced DK I need to know right away when 'Rime' and 'Killing Machine' have proc'ed. On my affliction warlock I would want to see what DoTs are currently on my target and how much time they have left. Etc etc.

The main reason I'm bringing this addon up is to hopefully make it aware to the nUI developers if it isn't already, and allow them to copy it at the very least for nUI 6, as for me it does everything I need to play any class at a high level. Even better is that it doesn't require any programmer to have thorough knowledge of every classes buff/debuff system as the user sets that up on their own.

P.S. the addon hasent been updated in over 8 months but it still works fine with patch 3.3

Last edited by Aarthas : 12-21-09 at 04:53 PM.

12-22-09, 12:53 AM   #2
Seer
A Molten Giant
I use Power Aura myself but imho it's not a must have really

12-22-09, 03:43 PM   #3
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

yea seeing as most of the mods people use for class procs and such like tellmewhen, class timers, and msbt are completely compatible with nuiI don't think scott had any immediate plans on adding this type of functuality. That's not to say it will never happen though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » A Must Have