12-21-18, 06:46 PM   #1
strickland
A Cyclonian
Help, the default blizzard nameplate are all messed up!

Ok, so I've used a Chinese nameplate addon by mistake, all of the options inside of it was in Chinese so I clicked around a bit, I know it's stupid, anyways a couple of minutes later I wanted to disable the addon and resort back to the default blizzard nameplate "Small size type" which I usually use.

Anyway, now my default blizzard nameplate is messed up only in that character that I used the Chinese nameplate addon on, for example, if I log another character the default nameplate look fine, when I use that one character of which I've enabled the Chinese character on, the default blizzard nameplate looks very small in width, also smaller than usual, also the selected frame does not increase in size slightly like the old times or in my other characters.

Basically, I think this mod has changed a lot of the default Cvars saved for that character, how can I resort everything back like it used to, or like all my older characters, I want to emphasize the selected, plus I want to make it wider like before at least.
12-21-18, 11:39 PM   #2
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete or edit WTF\Account\<accname>\<server>\<character>\config-cache.wtf

In the worst case you could get AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon from curse and use its CVar browser to compare cvars between your characters. All nameplate related cvars are prefixed with "nameplate"

Last edited by d87 : 12-21-18 at 11:44 PM.
12-22-18, 02:28 AM   #3
Yukyuk
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Can't you delete the variables from the character that you used the chinese name plates on and then copy the settings from one of your other characters?
12-22-18, 07:53 AM   #4
strickland
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Yukyuk View Post
Can't you delete the variables from the character that you used the chinese name plates on and then copy the settings from one of your other characters?

this is a good idea, where can I find these variables? in which file destination. thanks
12-22-18, 08:06 AM   #5
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The first response is the best response.
12-22-18, 08:37 AM   #6
strickland
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
The first response is the best response.
You are right, thank you very much db8 your advice is flawless, very nice addon indeed.
12-22-18, 09:54 AM   #7
strickland
A Cyclonian
One relative question that I'd like to ask.

I been trying to play with AdvancedInterfaceOptions to change the nameplate horizontal scale, to my understanding, this is to change the width of the nameplate from left to right correct? the default is set to one, and I've changed it to 1.3 and to 2, but nothing seems to be changing, I don't know what's going on? I want to just increase the width left to right and keep the thickness the same.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help, the default blizzard nameplate are all messed up!