Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-24-13, 07:29 AM   #19
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Uitat View Post
at this time, i am scaling their screen for them. ... it is set by hard code to 0.6, in the future i may change this, but for now, i think i may hold steady on this... from what i can tell, the pixle ratio is very clear at .6, where as in other scales near that, they seem to distort the graphics
This isn't really a good solution. If you're going to mess with the user's UI scale setting at all, you should just disable UI scaling entirely; WoW will then map each UI pixel to a real pixel, which eliminates any "fuzzy pixel" issues. You should also only do this the first time your UI is loaded, so that if the user adjusts the UI scale afterward, their preference is respected. If you scaled my UI to 0.6 I wouldn't be able to read a single thing. Even for people with good eyesight, 0.6 may be unreadable depending on their screen resolution and monitor size.

(On a side note, it seems pointless to notify the user that you changed their UI scale, since you just unconditionally do it at every login and there's nothing they can do about it.)

A better solution would be to use percents. For example, if you want three equally-sized frames across the bottom of the screen, get the user's effective screen width, divide by 3, and set the width of each frame to the result. If there's some specific situation you think you need to forcibly "normalize" everyone's screen resolution, please describe it so we can offer a less intrusive solution.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-24-13 at 07:32 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » needing some help here