08-20-14, 07:14 PM   #1
geekyadam
A Black Drake

[REQUEST] Arena frames

I've already mentioned this before, and Gethe has answered, I just wanted to create a new thread in the new forums as a placeholder/reminder/project page for it.

Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
I don't really PvP much so that part of the UI has been rather neglected. Since you brought it up, my thought was to basicly model them after the boss frames, using the icon for the trinket with class colored text. Would this be sufficient?
Yeah that'd work great. Ideally have whatever options the boss frames have and in arenas they turn into arena frames. That could work out fine. Also don't forget to hide the Blizz arena frames. Thanks.
Keep up the great work guys!
08-23-14, 01:07 PM   #2
truculentt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
arena frames would be awesome.
08-26-14, 12:25 PM   #3
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Arena Frames with a skinned DR counter would make Gladius etc redundant.
Moving and skinning the group frames the same (as an option) would be the next big step imo.
08-26-14, 12:39 PM   #4
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by HearthCore View Post
Arena Frames with a skinned DR counter would make Gladius etc redundant.
Moving and skinning the group frames the same (as an option) would be the next big step imo.
I agree, but Gethe might not complete the DR stuff [yet]. For now, I'd be super greatful for just arena frames to replace the built-in Blizzard ones. Once those are working well, maybe we could request added features such as tracking DR and the big class CDs like Gladius does.
08-26-14, 12:40 PM   #5
geekyadam
A Black Drake

To be honest, I'm not a die-hard arena player, so I don't use Gladius anymore. I just need to be able to see their healthbars at a quick glance, and when they pop trinks. *shrug*
08-26-14, 11:04 PM   #6
LiNK2088
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I second this, make it happen please
08-27-14, 04:12 AM   #7
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
To be honest, I'm not a die-hard arena player, so I don't use Gladius anymore. I just need to be able to see their healthbars at a quick glance, and when they pop trinks. *shrug*
Arena is pretty much all I do currently, but Gladius Bloat is killing me. :P

I somehow wish I had my WolTK Tukui Backed up and updated for MoP. But this UI is just soo much smoother.. :O
08-27-14, 09:36 AM   #8
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by HearthCore View Post
Arena is pretty much all I do currently, but Gladius Bloat is killing me. :P

I somehow wish I had my WolTK Tukui Backed up and updated for MoP. But this UI is just soo much smoother.. :O
Yeah I was using ElvUI/TukUI for awhile, but I prefer RealUI for how minimal it is and now I can't play without the RealUI player/target health frames. I just do Arenas when my PvP friends are on. Still missing like 4 Prideful pieces and don't care.
I'm excited to see RealUI-matched Arena frames, but also more excited to not see the Blizz Arena frames and their ugly text/portraits. I just want a health bar, mana bar, and trink indicator. I'd also love to see big racial/class CDs like Every Man, pally bubble, Mass Dispel, etc. as well as DR for CCs, but I can live without those for now.

Keep at it Gethe!
08-29-14, 08:48 AM   #9
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Yeah I was using ElvUI/TukUI for awhile, but I prefer RealUI for how minimal it is and now I can't play without the RealUI player/target health frames. I just do Arenas when my PvP friends are on. Still missing like 4 Prideful pieces and don't care.
I'm excited to see RealUI-matched Arena frames, but also more excited to not see the Blizz Arena frames and their ugly text/portraits. I just want a health bar, mana bar, and trink indicator. I'd also love to see big racial/class CDs like Every Man, pally bubble, Mass Dispel, etc. as well as DR for CCs, but I can live without those for now.

Keep at it Gethe!
Haha, i build my own out of TukUI but can't be bothered to do so now since.. well, it was 5 years ago and Now i've got a decent job to live and die for *cough* plus the vocal covers *cough cough*..
Aint nobody got time fo dat! q_q
08-29-14, 05:21 PM   #10
truculentt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
id be happy to help in any way i can, to get arena frames in the package. Have a good amount of experience in UIs and pvp.
08-31-14, 06:27 AM   #11
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by truculentt View Post
id be happy to help in any way i can, to get arena frames in the package. Have a good amount of experience in UIs and pvp.
Well, then try and do it. Code's all open etc. You'll probably have to ask before you openly release it, but if you need bugtesters, come to me.

(We could even test in wargames, i'm EU and can test shit out in A/H)
08-31-14, 10:51 AM   #12
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by truculentt View Post
I'm actually doing a complete rewrite of the unit frames, so unless you have beta there wouldn't be much point. If you do have beta you can fork RealUI on GitHub and submit a pull request with your changes

09-02-14, 07:36 PM   #13
truculentt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
I'm actually doing a complete rewrite of the unit frames, so unless you have beta there wouldn't be much point. If you do have beta you can fork RealUI on GitHub and submit a pull request with your changes

I do have beta, but i'd probably have a ton of questions to get started. need some time to dig into the new frames.
09-28-14, 11:43 AM   #14
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Just want to update here that the current Beta 8 for 6.0 has arena frames. If anyone is able to test these out on beta/PTR it would be very helpful. Please post feedback in the beta thread.

09-29-14, 05:27 AM   #15
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Nice work! I don't have beta or I'd help test. Guess I'll see how it looks once WoD is released. :/
09-29-14, 10:19 AM   #16
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
PTR is up, it should work there too.

09-29-14, 11:26 AM   #17
geekyadam
A Black Drake

OK I might give it a try here in the next couple days.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [REQUEST] Arena frames