09-18-14, 01:15 PM   #1
geekyadam
A Black Drake

[ISSUE/REQUEST] X-Loot causes Bonus Roll window to never show/X-Loot functionality

I've been working on this issue for awhile here and there and I'm to the point where I'm asking both here and in X-Loot tickets.
Long story short: Whenever RealUI and X-Loot are both enabled, the Bonus Roll loot frame doesn't ever show, even when I have Warforged Seals.

That said, here's some possibly important information:
- This issue occurs even when I disable RealUI's Loot module.
- All other aspects of X-Loot work flawlessly. Just the Bonus Loot roll window won't show.
- In the X-Loot settings, I have tried disabling the option to "Reskin the Bonus Roll window" and it still does not show.

Does RealUI somehow modify the way the Bonus Loot roll frame is referred to by chance?

Alternatively, if RealUI had a couple of the features of X-Loot, I'd have no need for X-Loot. Those features are:
  • on the loot frame, show quality of item (X-Loot colors the outline and font depending on quality), type of loot (leather head, mail shoulders, mount, etc.), and binding type (BoP, BoE, etc.)
  • on group loot roll frames, show a number on each icon depending on how many other people have chosen Need, Greed, and Pass
  • visual for how much time left to roll on each item
  • Loot monitor is really nice because it shows how many of an item you currently have. So if you're farming something while questing or raiding, whenever you pick one up, it shows you the loot and how many of that item you have now.

I would prefer if RealUI just had those few features built-in. It'd be one less addon I'd need to load.

Ready to supply any debug info or screenshots etc.
09-18-14, 04:32 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
The loot module in RealUI was originally based on X-Loot, so there may be some lingering conflicts. RealUI does affect the Bonus Loot frame, but it's only being moved. Try disabling X-Loot or the AlertFrame RealUI module.

A loot timer was already on my (ever growing) todo list. Adding too much more though could add a lot of clutter to such a small place.

09-18-14, 05:32 PM   #3
geekyadam
A Black Drake

If I disable X-Loot everything works fine. RealUI handles the Bonus Loot frame fine.
I'll try disabling AlertFrame module. Is that in the advanced settings?
09-18-14, 07:44 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Yeah, in the Adv. Settings

09-18-14, 11:22 PM   #5
geekyadam
A Black Drake

So it looks like the issue might be with X-Loot. In the ticket I created, one of the devs gave me a replacement Group.lua file to use to test Bonus Roll popup windows. It does indeed add functionality to create a fake Bonus Loot roll window, and it works. However regular [real] Bonus Loot roll windows also started working fine again. And when I put the previous (current version from Curse) Group.lua file back in place, the Bonus Loot roll windows stopped working again. I informed the dev in the ticket, and we'll see what happens next.

For now...zzzZZZZ

p.s. - Disabling/re-enabling the AlertFrame mover module in RealUI had no effect on the results.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [ISSUE/REQUEST] X-Loot causes Bonus Roll window to never show/X-Loot functionality