11-02-11, 08:24 AM   #101
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You might be able to do it yourself by setting the groupBy attribute on your party group header to "ROLE", and the groupingOrder attribute to something like "TANK,HEALER,DAMAGER".
I've already tried this myself. It doesn't work.

It's intended to be used for raid roles only (MAINTANK and MAINASSIST). However, it would certainly be nice if Blizzard decided to add support for the TANK, HEALER, and DAMAGER roles in the secure group headers.
11-03-11, 02:33 AM   #102
LogicRx
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish?
So to elaborate further, I used a premade template from wow interface and tinkered everything so that i liked the way everything looked and took out most of the features i thought were useless.

to what i am trying to accomplish, where my party is i added extra spacing and dropped the party target's down just a little. i want to 'draw' a line from the party member to their target mainly for looks. i have tried multiple ways of doing this but they all just throw lua errors so i just gave up temporarily. i can give you a screen to show you what i would like it to function as...
http://i40.tinypic.com/11tlsgw.jpg <-- a friend showed me this and i thought wow, that party line looks pretty cool...but i dont want to use that whole addon package he is using, i like to create so to speak my own stuff...seems to be less bloat on my computer that way. how would i go about adding those lines?

Thanks for the help in advance.
11-09-11, 10:06 PM   #103
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
... it would certainly be nice if Blizzard decided to add support for the TANK, HEALER, and DAMAGER roles in the secure group headers.
Indeed. Well, if you wanted to put some effort into it, you could work around the issue by setting your header's sortMethod attribute to "NAMELIST", setting its nameList attribute to a comma-separated list of group members, registering for the PLAYER_ROLES_ASSIGNED event, checking the return value from UnitGroupRolesAssigned for each party member, and then changing the nameList attribute so that the tank is listed first, followed by the healer, followed by the DPS. Obviously you wouldn't be able to update the order while in combat, but I don't think people are generally reassigning roles in combat anyway.

Note that I haven't actually tried this, but Blizzard's own documentation in SecureGroupHeaders.lua suggests that you can use nameList to specify a custom sort order.
01-13-12, 11:06 AM   #104
kaels
A Cyclonian
The final version of this from the download page will not work even if you select "Load Out of Date Addons".

(No lua errors, just nothing happens, and the default frames load. The only addons I have in my folder are oUF and oUF Simple2, and I deleted my Cache and WTF folders right before testing.)

However (for anyone else who's having this issue), if you change the version number in oUF_Simple2.toc from 40200 to 40300, it seems to work fine.

This does not work for the first few revisions in the step-by-step build (linked on the first page of this thread). I haven't tried all of them, and it's possible that some of the newer ones might work with a version number change.
01-14-12, 07:03 AM   #105
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oUF is in version 1.5 now. That's why the first layout does not work. oUF_Simple2 is compatible to oUF 1.5.

But in general the addon just shows code snippets for each topic.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
11-01-15, 09:05 AM   #106
Pops'Hunter
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by zork View Post
oUF is in version 1.5 now. That's why the first layout does not work. oUF_Simple2 is compatible to oUF 1.5.

But in general the addon just shows code snippets for each topic.
Hello Zork,
I hate to necro a 2 year old thread. but am just starting to get into this OUF framework stuff. Is there a more up to date guide or will this thread give me the basics on writing an OUF framework?
11-02-15, 03:22 AM   #107
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well. Most of the oUF elements have examples now at the top the elements file. But in general just start out slow. Create a health bar first for the player unit first. From from that on by adding values and a power bar.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF tutorial layout for oUF 1.4