07-20-14, 10:23 AM   #1
Ash93
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nameplates from this addon quit working

I use the nameplates from: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ars2.html#info

I was wondering if someone knew how to update the nameplates from this addon because they don't work anymore in 5.4.
07-20-14, 11:09 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just update the addons. There is no apparent modification to them by the UI author, so that should be all you'll have to do.

Tidy Plates Tidy Plates: Threat Plates - Alpha Update

The update link on the UI page for Threat Plates doesn't work (for me), so I posted a link to the Tidy Plates: Threat Plates page here at WoWI.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-20-14 at 11:18 AM.
07-20-14, 01:45 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Just update the addons. There is no apparent modification to them by the UI author, so that should be all you'll have to do.
O rly?

You can use the Curse client to manually update your addons. This will however horribly break the appearance of some addons, for example Grid, TidyPlates: TreathPlates and CastBars won't look too great anymore.
But I guess nameplates that don't look quite like the screenshots are better than no nameplates at all, so since the UI compiler has quit WoW, updating the addons individually is probably your only option if you want to keep using this UI.

I'd recommend installing the Curse Client to check for and install updates automatically for you, or you can add all the addons to your WoWI favorites list and turn on email notifications for updates to your favorites.

In theory Curse also has an email-notifying favorites system, but it's horribly designed, and the last time I tried to help someone set it up, it took me 15 minutes just to find the option to turn on email notifications for it since the options on Curse are split up across 20 pages on 5 different websites, so I would only recommend it to my worst enemy.
07-20-14, 07:01 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem*

http://minion.mmoui.com/

/whistle
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-21-14, 01:08 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Ah, didn't realize that had been resurrected. Just tried out the new beta. The last time I used it was years ago, when it was very rough around the edges, and then abandoned. This new incarnation looks a lot sleeker, but it was extremely difficult to use due to ultra-low contrast and microscopic font sizes everywhere, and has several other issues at the moment.

For now I'd still recommend the Curse Client to average users who just want to update their addons without being drafted into beta testing, or for anyone with bad eyesight who doesn't enjoy squinting and leaning.
07-21-14, 09:54 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I think I've mentioned contrast already as well. I think they've been focusing more attention on getting it running smoothly before some of the graphical edits.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-14, 12:36 AM   #7
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I currently have Threat Plates available as an 'Alpha' version on Curse. Not that I want to say that 'curse is superior' but the client does make things pretty handy in this regard.

I don't currently have my addons in a repository.
07-22-14, 06:34 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by suicidalkatt View Post
I currently have Threat Plates available as an 'Alpha' version on Curse. Not that I want to say that 'curse is superior' but the client does make things pretty handy in this regard.

I don't currently have my addons in a repository.
They are also available here on WoWI as an "Alpha" version. Same version number, even.

MMOUI Minion is back up, and it is able to install WoW addons, too. It is currently in it's BETA phase, though. So, the Curse Client ain't the only addon installer on the block anymore. Again.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Nameplates from this addon quit working