03-12-10, 08:47 PM   #1
Qtpicupcake
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with coding

Ok so i no nothing of Programming or creating addons but ive allready learned alot and all that other jazz, I love this addon called bosstalk and want it updated. So i figured id take the plunge. Ive gotten a LUA file opener(AddOn Studio For world of warcraft) and cant get my first Code/Speech To work...

EX of Working Code : { ["boss"] = BB["Anub'arak"], ["zone"] = BZ["The Argent Coliseum"], ["text"] = "UARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHGHGHGH!", ["w"] = "w", ["sound"] = "AnuBarak\\CR_Anubarak_Beserk01", },

And My code : { ["boss"] = BB["Lich King"], ["zone"] = BZ["Icecrown Citadel"], ["text"] = "Testing", ["w"] = "w", ["sound"] = "LichKing\\IC_Lich King_Fin01", },

Pls hlp
03-20-10, 04:16 PM   #2
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

the primary problem here is you embed sorely out of date version of libs. None of the ICC bosses are in libbabble you include. update your embeds especially libbabble-boss.
http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabble-boss-3-0/files/

After updating lib only remaining two bugs are lich king and bolvar.

change all BB["Lich King"] to BB["The Lich King"] to match what's in libbabble

for bolvar he's not in lib babble he's not a boss, don't use a lib babble code reference change it to look same as thrall quotes if you need an example.

BB["Bolvar Fordragon"]

to

"Bolvar Fordragon"

BB attempts to compare local with babble boss (BB)

also a lot of typos in the quotes but glad you were more motivated to continue this project than I was. I have code knowledge but not motivation to add all the quotes in.

PS: BIGGEST bug of them all. How do you put in 4 marrowgar quotes and not put in most important quote in all of ICC, BONESTORM!
03-21-10, 03:46 AM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Ive gotten a LUA file opener(AddOn Studio For world of warcraft) and cant get my first Code/Speech To work...
IMHO You should not be using Addon Studio at all.

You can open and edit .toc , .lua and .xml with just your simple text editor.

The problem I can see using Addon Studio is you are then dependent on them updating for each new patch that comes out.

Learn now how to do it with just your simple text editor (eg NotePad) and you will put yourself in much better stead then having to do it later in a panic when there's a new patch out and Addon Studio hasn't been updated.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Help with coding