03-31-10, 11:11 AM   #1
shiin
A Fallenroot Satyr
How to move ContainerFrames without taint?

Hi there!

The title already tells most of my question: I'd like anchor the whole block of container frames (i.e. the opened bags, bank slots and backpack) to a different position. The one way I see how to do it without hooking many functions, is by altering the CONTAINER_OFFSET_X, CONTAINER_OFFSET_Y variables. But they are also used in the GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor() function. Since this function is called in many execution paths, this introduces a lot of taint blocking functions in combat, e.g. when trying to switch totems on the totem bar.

Is there a more elegant way to move the opened containers without causing taint?
03-31-10, 11:22 AM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shiin View Post
Hi there!

The title already tells most of my question: I'd like anchor the whole block of container frames (i.e. the opened bags, bank slots and backpack) to a different position. The one way I see how to do it without hooking many functions, is by altering the CONTAINER_OFFSET_X, CONTAINER_OFFSET_Y variables. But they are also used in the GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor() function. Since this function is called in many execution paths, this introduces a lot of taint blocking functions in combat, e.g. when trying to switch totems on the totem bar.

Is there a more elegant way to move the opened containers without causing taint?
Alter the Blizzard functions used for the bags.
04-03-10, 09:03 AM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

night your one line answers to secure issues just kill me! You make it sound so easy! lol. oh just change the blizzard code like its nooo big deal.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
04-03-10, 10:12 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl, yeah, piece of cake ... *grumbles about font sizing issues in her own watchframe change attempts* rofl

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to move ContainerFrames without taint?