09-17-11, 05:19 AM   #1
losecontrol
A Defias Bandit
problem with "Carbonite-4.220"

hi all

i download "Carbonite-4.220" and paste on my addons.
but i have problem!

when i logon my wow acc, and click on "AddOns" Carbonite is "out of date"!!!

when i check "load out of date addons", and "Enter" , Carbonite is not working!

any one help me!
tanx all

09-17-11, 07:21 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Look in your addons folder. You should have 4 folders: Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer. If you have, or also have, a folder called Carbonite-4.2.20 or some such (with a version number), you screwed up. The four previously mentioned folders will probably be inside the one with the version number. If you have both the set of four and the one with the version number, then the four will have an older version of Carbonite. You need to get the four folders out of the Carbonite-4.2.20 folder and at the root level of the addons folder. Delete any old copies of the four folders that are in the addons folder first. BTW, make sure you do this while WoW is not running.

Another possibility is that you have Vista and it's put things in odd places. There's at least one thread in these forums that discusses that problem and what to do about it.

09-17-11, 07:44 AM   #3
losecontrol
A Defias Bandit
hi.

Everything that you said to me, I did.
but now, when i logon my wow acc, and click on "AddOns" Carbonite is "out of date"!!!

when i check "load out of date addons", and "Enter" , Carbonite is not working!
but, carbonite icon is top of map, but dont work! and say: "carbonite request WoW 4"

i have another Question: Carbonite-4.220 compatible with which patch of WOW?
i have Wow 3.3.5a

Last edited by losecontrol : 09-17-11 at 07:47 AM.

09-17-11, 10:10 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by losecontrol View Post
hi.
i have another Question: Carbonite-4.220 compatible with which patch of WOW?
i have Wow 3.3.5a
"i have Wow 3.3.5a" That's your problem. Carbonite 4.22 only works with the Cataclysm version of WoW.

The other problem you will encounter here is this: Carbonites forums are hosted at WoWInterface.com, an official fan site for the World of Warcraft game by Blizzard. As such no discussion of private servers is allowed. Posting once gets you warned. Repeated posting gets you banned.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-17-11, 11:57 PM   #5
losecontrol
A Defias Bandit
ok, problem is 3.3.5 a ...
tanx for answer.

so, Which version of carbonite better for 3.3.5a ?
--------------------------------------------
I got the previous version used in private servers and dont have any problem with server!

09-18-11, 01:55 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » problem with "Carbonite-4.220"