01-02-11, 05:26 PM   #1
christopher
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
A few questions.

It has been quite some time since I have used ORDX, and imagine my surprise when I installed the latest version today. Plenty of things have changed, including nomenclature. But, overall, I like the direction it is going.

That being said, I still can't figure out how to do certain things. Things I have been wondering how to do since we launched ORDX all those years ago.

On with the questions:

1: Living bomb. I have a living bomb window, and I want the window to trigger a sound AFTER living bomb explodes on my target. How would I do that ?

2: Living bomb. I would also like to be able to have 1 living bomb window display the timer bars for all the targets I have living bomb on. How would I do that ?

3: Cooldown. I assume displaying cooldown timers is still not possible ?

4: Combustion. I need a window that will populate with a design of my choice when certain critera are met:
a: Living Bomb is on current target
b: Combustion is off cooldown and available for me to cast
c: Current target is under the effects of my ignite
d: Current target is under the effect of my pyroblast (a dot).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Christopher

ps - using "design" opposed to "unit frame" freaked me out.

Last edited by christopher : 01-02-11 at 05:32 PM. Reason: One more question.
01-03-11, 02:24 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
1: It is not available but it is possible to create some sounds effects. Let me add some sound features in the design.

2: RDX do not track multiple targets. But I can explore the status windows to do that.

3: Yes, see the cooldown list icon from the list category.

4: It is not possible to use many design objects. Only one is possible per window. You can use shaders and variables.
a : use a variable aura info
b : Not available yet but coming soon
c : use a variable aura info
d : use a variable aura info

Cheers
01-06-11, 01:34 PM   #3
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On number 3: I have actually made it possible to display cooldown timers through some custom scripting, however this will eventually not be needed as we flesh out cooldowns. Look at the following screenshot:

This is done by creating a custom variable inside of the design (Vars Scripted), and setting the variable to "TimerVar", at which point several features are exposed. I set the name of the Vars Scripted object to "spell" and used the following code:

Code:
local s, d = GetSpellCooldown("Holy Shock");

local spell_start = s;
local spell_duration = d;
local spell_timeleft = s + d - GetTime();
local spell_text = "Holy Shock ready in ";
local spell_bool = false;
if d <= 0 then
  spell_timeleft = 0;
  spell_text = "Holy Shock ready!";
  spell_bool = true;
end
Everything that begins with "spell" here MUST match what you name the Vars Scripted, so if you name the variable "123", the lines that say spell_start, etc, must be 123_start, etc. This does matter!

After this is done, you now have all the variables needed to use a text/bar/timer shader object like you would for casting bars, only it's for the cooldown of the spell in the script above. Eventually this will be a full feature on it's own down the line where you just pick a spell from a dropdown or some such.
03-31-11, 06:27 PM   #4
christopher
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
What font are you using in that ?

-Christopher

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » A few questions.