04-03-08, 12:29 PM   #281
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by SilentBeast View Post
Only issue I had mazzifying a new toon after doing all the steps is when I actually removed SCL from the Interface folder. Removing Whichhunt didn't effect things but SCL on a new toon during mazzification errors out. Reinstalled it and worked just fine.

Would removing the SCL Function in the mazzification solve this issue or could I change things around in the function to make it work for a different CL mod? First time venturing into actually changing addon code.

Also I keep getting errors with TinyTooltip. Anytime I try to do /ttip it doesn't do anything and bugsack records an error. I've got 3 errors I'll paste into here once I copy them from my desktop.
Other then that I'm running just fine and mazzifying great even on new toons after doing the fixes listed on OP. Thanks for all the great work you guys have been doing.
And before I forget I cannot access Group Calendar mod either as the minimap button doesn't show up or the slash command doesn't work. I dunno if it has anything to do with the same issue I'm having with trying to get into the slash command for tinytip

[2008/04/03 08:41:12-76-x1]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:98: attempt to index global 'TinyTipOptions' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3032: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2724: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2745: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---

Same error with a different line:

Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2995: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:

Last error in the sack:

[2008/04/03 09:14:48-76-x1]: SpellEvents-1.0-32935:103: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'pEndTime' (a nil value)

---
Don't remove the mazzification function for SCL jsut uncheck the box to set up SCL for now in the same manner as you would if you're running the new AutoBar.

Tinytip has issues right now... Threa's been basically rewriting it and has been having some issues it would seem.

Group Calender isn't part of any mazzle addon pack so you'll have to look to its author for support. The odds of this issue being related to any part of MazzleUI are very low.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

The reason TopScoreFU had an .svn override was b/c it used a different combat log parser than all of the other add-ons at the time. I chose to stay with the old version so I wouldn't have to run two parsers at the same time. I do not know if that applies any more. Probably not.
Any addon that parsed the combat log must be updated for 2.4 to work. The last version on wowace was for 2.3.

Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
SUCCESS!!! I can verify that using the version of DUF from the above link cures the error I (and others) have been getting PLUS sorts the SmartBuff icon problem I had. So, if you get the following error when performing a full Mazzification...
Woot!!!! thank you!!! I'll have to poke around the KotJ related code and see if I can find something.
04-03-08, 01:23 PM   #282
SilentBeast
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
Don't remove the mazzification function for SCL jsut uncheck the box to set up SCL for now in the same manner as you would if you're running the new AutoBar.

Tinytip has issues right now... Threa's been basically rewriting it and has been having some issues it would seem.

Group Calender isn't part of any mazzle addon pack so you'll have to look to its author for support. The odds of this issue being related to any part of MazzleUI are very low.
Thanks for the feedback. Yea I fixed the group calender problem. If the sack gets anything new in it I'll make sure to post it.
04-03-08, 07:00 PM   #283
Grimaxe
A Kobold Labourer
it works!!

i've been trying to get mazzle working since the release of 2.4, it's a fantastic ui and you guys have done a wonderful job in keeping this running. i tried following the advice in this thread and the mazzification either did not complete or a got a soundbite from the old 'worms' game which said 'fatality'. so i decided to play around with the mazzification process to see if removing some features might make it work.

i started fresh by re-installing Mazzle 1.11 Core along with Detards 2.3 addons and fix. then i followed aethenelles instuction on how to fix the Cvar unitnameplayer bug. following numerous 'fatality' soundbites and missing the 'complete mazzification' button. i found that the only way for mazzification to complete was to disable the nameplates during the mazzification process. i tried this with several different characters and the 'no name plates' option was the only way make the mazzification process to complete.

also i don't know if it's relevant but i had the threat meter disabled as i use omen threat anyway. hope this helps and keep up the good work guys
04-03-08, 10:40 PM   #284
mikfire
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you!

My interface looks right again! Yay! I believe it was the update to DUF that has made the difference.

Thank you all so much for your hard work and directions.

Mik
04-03-08, 11:20 PM   #285
Zenas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

New update

Here is the thing. Is there going to be a full version that one can download or do we have to go through the forums doing all this?
04-03-08, 11:23 PM   #286
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any addon that parsed the combat log must be updated for 2.4 to work. The last version on wowace was for 2.3.
Yeah, I know. I'm just explaining why the override was there, in case anyone thought it was modified and could be an issue.
04-03-08, 11:28 PM   #287
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Woot! conformation of a working mazzify... now all we need is someone on a fresh install...

On the chatwindow and combat log thing.... I found a replacement for SCL called Combat Filter it's an Ace mod. I'd thought i mentioned it but I guess not... It'll have to be hand configured for now and the filters don't work quite as well (or I haven't figured them out) as SCL's but it'll pipe it's filter data to any chat window you want (read windows 6 and 7).

Also, though it may no longer be needed, grab ChatSettingsFix from here on wowint. It'll fix those stupid chat settings not being kept issues. (might not be needed in 2.4.1)

I'll edit the OP to include this info.

If you manage to hunt it down fully let me know... I'm gonna work on compiling the fixes so far and working on more permanent fixes for the workarounds.
What is the / command in game to get to the Combat Filter config window. I installed it, just not sure how to set it up.
04-03-08, 11:36 PM   #288
CrimsonFrost
A Murloc Raider
[2008/04/04 01:28:18-6-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

[2008/04/04 01:34:04-7-x1]: ...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil):
...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: in main chunk:

And that one^ though I think that may be auctioneer

I don't think I saw this one listed yet, any ideas?
04-04-08, 03:26 AM   #289
Miso
A Murloc Raider
After new patch my Bongos circled buttons changed into squared buttons and i cant change it. I tried mazzify it again, i clicked circle buttons but didnt work. Thank you for help
04-04-08, 05:32 AM   #290
ketran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
cycircled now only works on bongos3

65900 by durcyn on 25 March 2008, 18:12:04 -0700 (9 days ago)
cyCircled: Bongos is dead, long live Bongos3.
04-04-08, 05:49 AM   #291
digaum2003
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ketran View Post
cycircled now only works on bongos3

65900 by durcyn on 25 March 2008, 18:12:04 -0700 (9 days ago)
cyCircled: Bongos is dead, long live Bongos3.
I'm currently using bongos2 and the buttons are circled just fine after the 2.4. Didn't remazzifIed though, but so far with some updates I'm playing just the way I used to
Haven't erased my wtf and addons folder after the patch because I'm too freaking lazy to waste hours reconfiguring EVERYTHING again the way they were, so I just preffered to keep my old folders until something would really stop me from playing, and nothing really bad happened tbh.
04-04-08, 07:00 AM   #292
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by erogroth View Post
What is the / command in game to get to the Combat Filter config window. I installed it, just not sure how to set it up.
It is /cfilter
04-04-08, 08:46 AM   #293
jonashar
A Defias Bandit
Just wanna say it!!!

U guys helpin out, fixing, reporting are doing a great job!!!

I have been using Mazzle since release and have it over 3 accounts and around 20 characters, foolishly I deleted it and tried to do without after the patch :S .... I am thinking about quitting the game now, raiding in BT is almost impossible! WOW without Mazzle UI is empty unfullfilling and soooooooo boring. (will do a clean install using this forum tomorrow so I guess this weekend is booked)

regards

Jona
04-04-08, 08:58 AM   #294
Zenas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Bongos

I moved up to Bongos2 and cycircled seems to work fine. Just don't like the look and feel of Bongos3
04-04-08, 09:56 AM   #295
walkjria
A Defias Bandit

Ok so this is going to make me seem very new at this
(in fact I am actually kind of new at this)

I looked over all of the forum posts and i am lost as what to do, mainly as there are so many posts to look at for my specific problem. so here goes....

I have installed MazzleUI and it's in my AddOn options when i login but,
it seems there are a few with "dependancies missing"

o MazzleUI
* Ace2
* MetroGnome
* babble 2.2
* bonzailib
* Discordunitframes
* Rosterlib

o Mazzifier
* MazzleUI

o Mazzle Options
* MazzleUI

o MazzleUI preloader
* MazzleUI

I have looked for any versions of these AddOns that are 2.4 launched and it seems they're outdated. This is probibly a bit silly and even maybe simple to solve. I am lost and cannot find my way so if you can help please help me, I would really like to use this UI.

Post Script: When I login to the game I only see the Bongos AddOn,
I type /mazzify and only get the default World of Warcraft
" Type /help for a list of commands. "
I think this is because of the missing dependencies though.
04-04-08, 10:11 AM   #296
Bergamo
An Aku'mai Servant

First off, goto the Mazzle 1.1 thread and you will see there are 3 zips you need to download and that thread tells you the order in which to install them...

Then you come back to this thread and follow the directions for the CVAR and other issues...

Then you can mazzilfy you toons....after they are all mazzilfied, I'd run WoWAceUpdater

Thats my advice....some of the guys working on this mod may have a better explanation....

But I wanted to give you the quick version before someone flamed you for not actually reading or searching the FAQ/Threads

Bergs

HypnoCat stares into your soul !!!
04-04-08, 10:33 AM   #297
walkjria
A Defias Bandit

Thank you so much for the help.
I am greatful someone got to me not only so fast but also replied with a useful and respectful manner.

I had read over a few forums on the matter and i got lost in the 40+ pages of random deliveries of advice on each forum. I supose maybe i could have read allittle more than i did though.

Again thank you, i am going to try everything you advised and then reply if it worked or not so if anyone else needs the advice they'll know it worked.
04-04-08, 11:21 AM   #298
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Walkjria - check to see if there is a Dependancy missing for DiscordUnitFrames too - if there is, go back up a couple of pages and see the link to an updated version of DUF. I had exactly the same issue you did when I reverted to a bad version of DUF by mistake. Loading the right version of DUF got rid of all those failed dependancies in MazzleUI
04-04-08, 04:48 PM   #299
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
SUCCESS!!! I can verify that using the version of DUF from the above link cures the error I (and others) have been getting PLUS sorts the SmartBuff icon problem I had. So, if you get the following error when performing a full Mazzification...

1. Delete the addon directories for DiscordLibrary, DiscordUnitFrames and DiscordUnitFramesOptions

2. Replace them with the versions in the link above (remember to get both DiscordUnitFrames (which contains two dirs) and DiscordLibrary

3. Delete the WTF\Account\yourname\yourserver\brokentoonname directory

4. Perform a COMPLETE Mazzification

You should enjoy your Mazzlegasm, an empty bugsack (at least as far as DUF is concerned), a correctly positioned SmartBuff icon and the opposite sex will find you strangely attractive.

Not bad, huh?

EDIT : oh, you will still have the Mend Pet icon floating in the middle of the screen, but you can drag that to wherever you want, of course.
On #3, what do you mean by 'delete'? As in, delete the WTF file all the way to the brokentoonname directory completely? Or just the brokentoonname file? Just want to make sure I'm doin' the right thing.
04-04-08, 05:34 PM   #300
griffin224
Premium Member

Pretty sure he means JUST the "brokentoonname" folder. Deleting the whole WFT folder will have the same effect, but that gets rid of ALL your settings.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread