07-21-13, 07:30 AM   #2441
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Technical Question ...

Hi Guys,

So here is my question : "What should I do to access Broker information from another addon ?"

And now a little bit of context : I'd like to tie up BloodShieldTracker into Nib's fantastic UI. I feel it is not very productive to redesign the wheel when it exists so : BST exists, it seems to have broker capabilities then why not have this displayed using Nib's Stats display.

My problem is I'm very new to LUA, and did not fully understood the broker internal mecanics. If any of you could point me to snippets of code where the same thing is done (use information from other addons) that would be great, and may be I could learn from it.

Then I'll submit my work for your review/approbation/trolling depending . And if he feels it's not too bad then Nib can include it. Else, I'll keep it to myself .

Also don't hesitate if you think it's a stupid idea.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Ruven.

I'm quite sure I have to do some work in nibRealUI\HuD\StatDisplay.lua, I just don't know what exactly .

07-21-13, 08:54 AM   #2442
Equelibrium
An Aku'mai Servant
Grid sorting

Hello there!

How can I have my grid frames sort in the same way as the blizzard frames? As it is now, the grid frames are sorted by groups, but the groups them selves don't sort in any particular way. This is highly frustrating as I mainly play a healer

07-21-13, 11:51 AM   #2443
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ruvengaard View Post
Hi Guys,

So here is my question : "What should I do to access Broker information from another addon ?"

And now a little bit of context : I'd like to tie up BloodShieldTracker into Nib's fantastic UI. I feel it is not very productive to redesign the wheel when it exists so : BST exists, it seems to have broker capabilities then why not have this displayed using Nib's Stats display.

My problem is I'm very new to LUA, and did not fully understood the broker internal mecanics. If any of you could point me to snippets of code where the same thing is done (use information from other addons) that would be great, and may be I could learn from it.

Then I'll submit my work for your review/approbation/trolling depending . And if he feels it's not too bad then Nib can include it. Else, I'll keep it to myself .

Also don't hesitate if you think it's a stupid idea.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Ruven.

I'm quite sure I have to do some work in nibRealUI\HuD\StatDisplay.lua, I just don't know what exactly .
I don't think the bar stuff Nib uses is technically a LDB display module. Personally, I just use Fortress and put the little boxes where I want them.

Marth

07-21-13, 05:15 PM   #2444
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So every time I customize my healing grid layout, and I've tried this several times now... it ALWAYS messes with the tank grid layout. Completely screws it up. When I customize the healing grid I have to untick realui layout control because for whatever reason, it caps the size at 65W X 45H with layout control enabled. I like my healing grid 80W X 45H so I disable layout control for grid. Now whenever I seem to do this, it completely messes up the border and the health deficit for the tanking grid layout and probably many other things. This makes it 100% unusable and the only fix I've found is to RESET REALUI and I'm not doing that a second time. I tried reseting realui the first time to see if it was something I had done wrong while customizing grid.

When I enable realui layout control for grid again... it just reduces the size of my healing grid back to 65W X 45H and doesn't fix any problems with the tanking grid that it screwed up. They seem to share some settings somewhere......... The problem must happen when you disable realui layout control, or some setting somewhere inside of the healing grid2 shares settings with the tanking grid...... It's extremely frustrating customizing things for a long time and then having half of it break permanently. I really hope you get back from Vacation soon.This really...really...REALLY sucks. :/

This is what it should look like.

This is what the tanking UI looks like when I've customized the healing grid to my liking......

I'm not in a raid or anything... just solo. But you can see what I mean. The health is all wonky and the borders are gone... just all messed up.

07-21-13, 06:28 PM   #2445
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
So every time I customize my healing grid layout, and I've tried this several times now... it ALWAYS messes with the tank grid layout. Completely screws it up. When I customize the healing grid I have to untick realui layout control because for whatever reason, it caps the size at 65W X 45H with layout control enabled. I like my healing grid 80W X 45H so I disable layout control for grid. Now whenever I seem to do this, it completely messes up the border and the health deficit for the tanking grid layout and probably many other things. This makes it 100% unusable and the only fix I've found is to RESET REALUI and I'm not doing that a second time. I tried reseting realui the first time to see if it was something I had done wrong while customizing grid.

When I enable realui layout control for grid again... it just reduces the size of my healing grid back to 65W X 45H and doesn't fix any problems with the tanking grid that it screwed up. They seem to share some settings somewhere......... The problem must happen when you disable realui layout control, or some setting somewhere inside of the healing grid2 shares settings with the tanking grid...... It's extremely frustrating customizing things for a long time and then having half of it break permanently. I really hope you get back from Vacation soon.This really...really...REALLY sucks. :/

This is what it should look like.

This is what the tanking UI looks like when I've customized the healing grid to my liking......

I'm not in a raid or anything... just solo. But you can see what I mean. The health is all wonky and the borders are gone... just all messed up.
Borders and Health Deficit are controlled by RealUI, because Grid2 lacks the functionality required. I can't reproduce any issues setting the grid unit sizes to their maximum limits in the Raid Frames config panel:

07-21-13, 07:00 PM   #2446
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Borders and Health Deficit are controlled by RealUI, because Grid2 lacks the functionality required. I can't reproduce any issues setting the grid unit sizes to their maximum limits in the Raid Frames config panel:
I realized after words that the built in sliders that are in you're screenshot are what control the maximum size. They were set to 45 and 65 which is why I was having troubles when manually setting it in grid2's settings to 80X45.

How would I reset these borders and health deficit on my tanking UI? Its still all screwed up. Even if I enable the layout control.

Is it because Style is disabled? I didn't disable it and every time I re-enable it it disables itself. I am /reloading. I've customized the healing grid a lot... did something disable style automatically? Do these controls work for both layouts at the same time or are the controls seperate for each layout. Maybe thats why its messing up? I still have never disabled style though, and it won't enable either.

Last edited by Gloks : 07-21-13 at 07:19 PM.

07-21-13, 07:40 PM   #2447
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So for some reason I had to log out and back in for realui control options to work and stay enabled. Sorry. I don't know what that was all about. So just a quick few questions!

What are you thinking on adding in the future Nib!? A cast bar that tells you whether or not you can interrupt? Would love that I must admit. DXE layout needs work but for the mean time I've switched to bigwigs.

I meant to ask you...... is there any way I can change bigwigs layout based on the layout I've chosen in realui!? Like grid and bartender do when you switch layouts? I would love that. Now that my healing frames are larger my bigwigs would go over them. If you could add that option... I have to say.. it would be amazing.

And is there any way I can make it so raid debuffs and player debuffs for that matter, dynamically organize themselves? For an example..... If there are multiple raid debuffs on a raid, and most of the time there are.... all grid does is stack all those raid debuffs/player debuffs in the same place on top of each other... making it useless. I know Vuhdo just arranges them beside eachother. If you have 2 raid debuffs, you can see both raid debuffs beside eachother and if another raid debuff happens, it just adds another one to the left of raid debuffs. From what I can tell, unless you make individual indicators that are completely seperate from the icon raid debuff indicator, you can't keep track of the time of those debuffs or stacks on them either. Which sucks :/ is there any way you can add these options? or any way I can? I know many raid frames that also allow you to hover over the debuff/buff or w/e and the tooltip pops up of the ability. You can't do that either as far as I can tell.

Any ideas that are coming in the future I should get excited about?

Last edited by Gloks : 07-21-13 at 07:53 PM.

07-22-13, 04:26 AM   #2448
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
I don't think the bar stuff Nib uses is technically a LDB display module. Personally, I just use Fortress and put the little boxes where I want them.
OK, understood. Now what I understood from here : LibDataBroker I would need only to declare us of the LibDataBroker-1.1 library and then use ldb:GetDataObjectByName to retrieve the dataObject and of course declare the call back function that will "listen" for updates of the broker object.

Am I correct ?

"Theoretically" it doesn't seem very complex, but I'm fairly sure I'm missing some important steps.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Ruven.

07-22-13, 10:20 AM   #2449
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Ruvengaard View Post
OK, understood. Now what I understood from here : LibDataBroker I would need only to declare us of the LibDataBroker-1.1 library and then use ldb:GetDataObjectByName to retrieve the dataObject and of course declare the call back function that will "listen" for updates of the broker object.

Am I correct ?

"Theoretically" it doesn't seem very complex, but I'm fairly sure I'm missing some important steps.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Ruven.
Ruven, I can't really tell you I'm afraid - I'm not much of a coder type anymore. Perhaps Phanx or one of the others here can help you more.

Marth

07-22-13, 11:43 AM   #2450
Xyrm
A Defias Bandit
Great UI! I have really enjoyed it, it's the first compilation I used that I actually stuck with.

I do have one main problem with it, however, and that's the cast bars. Aside from extremely limited options (I'd like the option of making the bars a little wider, if possible; I know the UI skins are very customized so if not this isn't crippling), one thing it flat out doesn't do (at least clearly) is demonstrate whether an ability is interruptable or not. No matter what, the enemy cast bar is always red, instead of being blue when it should be able to be kicked.

As such, I've had to disable yours and use quartz instead, but I think this would be an important feature for UI.

07-22-13, 01:13 PM   #2451
Catscan
A Defias Bandit
Great UI but i've one little question:

How can adjust the size of the unitframes eg the player and target frame?
I clicked the button in the bottom left (Real UI Config).
Then the menu at the top of the screen opens. I choose "positions" and there is written that i can change the position AND size. But only position is changeble.

07-22-13, 02:34 PM   #2452
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Xyrm View Post
No matter what, the enemy cast bar is always red, instead of being blue when it should be able to be kicked.

As such, I've had to disable yours and use quartz instead, but I think this would be an important feature for UI.
/realui > Appearance > untick Use General on Cast Bars section and set your own colors

Originally Posted by Catscan View Post
Great UI but i've one little question:

How can adjust the size of the unitframes eg the player and target frame?
I clicked the button in the bottom left (Real UI Config).
Then the menu at the top of the screen opens. I choose "positions" and there is written that i can change the position AND size. But only position is changeble.
Can't change size of UFs yet.

07-23-13, 02:32 PM   #2453
FiesesAlien
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
And how do i enable on grid2/grid whatever the function to show me debuffs on someone i can dispell? That would be nice. I dont get behind all those functions behind grid.

07-24-13, 10:25 AM   #2454
ohnonotmegan
A Kobold Labourer
I would like to have the vertical cast bars back. Is there anyway I can go in an edit the settings? I prefer to have everything very centralized and having them horizontal is a major problem for me.

07-24-13, 10:26 AM   #2455
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by FiesesAlien View Post
And how do i enable on grid2/grid whatever the function to show me debuffs on someone i can dispell? That would be nice. I dont get behind all those functions behind grid.
You have to go into the grid2 advanced settings, click indicators and go down to the top left indicator. Go to layout then scroll all the way down and change "square" to icon and resize and position it to the way you want.

Btw Nib, If you change the "square" to an icon for the readycheck, the readychecks work fine. For some reason the small tick aka square, doesn't change colors whether or not someones ready. If you change it to an icon, it works fine.

07-25-13, 06:26 AM   #2456
Zajen
A Defias Bandit
Minor but really annoying problem

When I'm logged in on my rogue, the first time I open the character pane the item upgrades show properly on the icons. If I then close the pane and open it again, that information is gone. This only happens on my rogue. Any ideas what's causing this?

07-25-13, 06:33 PM   #2457
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Grid2

Btw Nib, If you change the "square" to an icon for the readycheck, the readychecks work fine. For some reason the small tick aka square, doesn't change colors whether or not someones ready. If you change it to an icon, it works fine.

Nib,
Is there anyway we can get the original grid back or something else? Grid 2 is so hard to set up.
Thxs,
Massive

07-26-13, 10:10 AM   #2458
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Massiveunit View Post

Nib,
Is there anyway we can get the original grid back or something else? Grid 2 is so hard to set up.
Thxs,
Massive
Once its setup correctly and to the way you want it, I really do enjoy it. If it was just setup better to start with though, I'm sure it would fix a lot of peoples problems. The small ticks recognized as "squares" in grid just aren't very realistic for raiding. You can barely see them haha. The raid frames for healing are far to small. For tanking I'm fine with the default size as grid isn't as important. I'd also recommend moving the raid debuffs to the top right position and adding in "buffgroupsomething or other" to the center position so you know when people are using personals. If you go under statuses then buffs, you can add this in by default and it has a preset list of cool downs built in. I had to add some monk cool downs, but thats about it. This in my opinion should be enabled by default

The way grid stacks debuffs/raid debuffs on top of eachother though is ridiculous. I wish there was a way to change that at the very least. Having an option to add the duration for the debuffs/raid debuffs would also be very useful. Besides that, I don't have a problem with it myself. Takes an hour or two to understand how to customize it though.

07-26-13, 01:42 PM   #2459
Koleckai
An Aku'mai Servant
Is there a way to move the configuration menu/overlay down 21 pixels? I couldn't find it in the advanced settings. I mean the RealUI config menu that has advanced, other, appearance, positions, action bars, etc... at the top of the screen.

I have a databroker display at the top of the screen that I would like to keep. Am able to move the buffs and minimap without problems.

07-26-13, 03:52 PM   #2460
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Koleckai View Post
Is there a way to move the configuration menu/overlay down 21 pixels? I couldn't find it in the advanced settings. I mean the RealUI config menu that has advanced, other, appearance, positions, action bars, etc... at the top of the screen.

I have a databroker display at the top of the screen that I would like to keep. Am able to move the buffs and minimap without problems.
You would of course need to confirm this with Nib or another more knowledgeable person but I think it's somewhere around line 193 of nibRealUI\Config\ConfigBar.lua. I haven't tried that though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI